Hillside Family Newsletter
A message from principal Salinas
We are so thankful for your partnership and willingness to be patient as we navigate this new way of doing school. Despite all of the rules and regulations that we must follow to remain open, we are thrilled to have our scholars back in school. GO HUSKIES!!
Join our PTO meeting February 4th at 4:00 p.m.
Valentine's Day Parties Rules:
- All classroom parties must still follow board policies.
- In order to minimize risk of exposure, but still allow for school sponsored events, the following protocols must be followed.
- If parents/students bring anything (including Valentine cards) in for a classroom party it must:
- Brought in 3 days prior to the day of the party February 12th. Anything brought in after will not be handed out and be either thrown away or sent back home with the student.
- Teachers will quarantine items for those 3 day
- Food/drinks must be commercially prepared and individually pre-packaged
- Please avoid foods that need refrigeration or need to be frozen
- Staff will sanitize before and after touching items
- Items will be handed out using a glove.
January Students of The Month for "Communication"
I express myself clearly.
I am not afraid to ask for help when necessary.
February Student of the Month trait is: "Maturity"...
I take pride in my work.
I work well with little or no supervision.
I am willing to take courses or additional training in order to develop new job-related skills.
Classroom Fun with Nurse Deb
Nurse Deb talks about different types of viruses
Adding the “germs”
Don’t worry, it’s a non-toxic, oil-based liquid designed to stick and glow if not washed off properly.
The black light detects the “germs” left behind
Pick Up and Drop Off Procedures
Families, please do not arrive earlier than 8:20am for drop off. Also, Please DO NOT PARK IN DROP OFF AREA FOR LONGER THAN IT TAKES TO DROP OF YOUR STUDENTS. If you'd like to see your child walk inside, please come at 8:30am when the bell rings. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday:
K at 3:10pm
1st-5th at 3:15pm
K at 1:15pm
1st-5th at 1:20pm
Is your child well enough for school today?
Any student displaying symptoms: fever (100.4) or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, and/or nausea should NOT come to school - any student displaying symptoms will be sent home.
Students’ temperatures will be taken each day.
All students will sanitize their hands upon entering the building and wear their face masks while inside the building and while outside.
If your child has a medical condition that prevents them from wearing a mask, please contact the office for a form to be completed by a physician, in order for them to be able to wear a face shield.
Does your student have Ipad insurance? Just $25 per year covers many oopsies that could be very expensive. This can be paid in the office by cash/check or ParentVue by Credit/Debit.