Clemens Crossing Cougar Comments
May 17, 2019 - Volume 40, Issue 32
- 17 - Professional Learning/Articulation Day - School Closes 3-Hours Early, 12:45 p.m.
- 17 - Kindergarten Preview Day 2:00 p.m.
- 17 - PTA Spring Carnival (May 24 - rain date) - 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- 21 - Fifth Grade visits Wilde Lake Middle School, 9:15 a.m.
- 22 - String Concert, 6:30 p.m. -and- Band Concert, 7:30 p.m.
- 23 - Field Day (May 24 - rain date)
- 24 - (Rain Date re: Field Day and Spring Carnival)
- 27 - Memorial Day - Schools and Offices Closed
- 29 - In-School Banking
- 3 - Fifth Grade Simulated Congressional Hearings
- 3 - SPIRIT DAY- Wear Red, White, and Blue
- 4 - Early Dismissal 12:45 p.m. - Professional Work Day
- 5 - Career Day (Grades 3-5) Morning Only
- 5 - SPIRIT DAY - Dress for Success Day
- 6 - 2nd Grade Entomologist Visit
- 7 - Kindergarten End of Year Celebration 10:00 a.m.; Picnic 11:00 a.m.
- 10 - Volunteer Appreciation Celebration, 2:30 p.m.
- 10 - Howard County Library Visits all grades for Summer Reading Program
- 17 - 2nd Grade Picnic, 12:35 p.m.
- 17 - Full Day of School
- 18 - Full Day of School
- 18 - 5th Grade Promotion Ceremony, 9:30 a.m. - Just added
- 19 - 3rd Grade Picnic, 10:30 a.m.
- 19 - 1st Grade Picnic, 11:00 a.m.
- 19 - School Closes 3-Hours Early, 12:45 p.m.
- 20 - 4th Grade Picnic, 12:05 p.m.
- 20 - School Closes 3-Hours Early, 12:45 p.m.
- 21 - 5th Grade Picnic, 11:30 a.m.
- 21- LAST DAY OF SCHOOL: School Closes 3-Hours Early, 12:45 p.m.
For a complete list of dates and events visit cces.hcpss.org/calendar.
To subscribe to the CCES calendar on your smartphone, electronic device, or email system click the +Google Calendar icon in the bottom right-hand corner to add our calendar to your personal device. By subscribing to the calendar, school events and activities will always be up-to-date.
From School Administration
In the coming weeks, our Fifth Graders will conduct their Simulated Congressional Hearings as a culmination of their Social Studies units this year.
Last week, our Chorus students put on a show highlighting 40 years of musical hits during their Spring Concert. Next week, our Instrumental Concerts will take place. We are sure that the concert will be a hit! If you did not get a chance to see the concerts, you can go to our Twitter feed to view them at any time.
In addition to finishing strong academically, we are excited about the fun events that the end of the year brings. Field Day, field trips, and picnics, to name a few, are memorable events in the waning days of the school year. We hope you can join us and experience the exciting events that make elementary school so special.
Schoolwide Showcase Success!
Upcoming Spirit Days
From the Health Room
SPRING ALLERGIES! Is your child suffering from itchy eyes, sneezing, and runny nose?
The following are some things you can do to help your child during the allergy season:
- Regularly give allergy medication as prescribed by the doctor
When your child comes in from outdoors:
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Wash face, including glasses, with a wash cloth or splash water on face.
- Wipe down from head to toe with the wet cloth (hair, ears, neck, front, arms).
- Change clothing, if not going back outside.
Are You Moving?
If you have moved or are moving soon, please notify us as soon as possible.
We are available to assist you with transitioning to your child's new school. Whether it be another HCPSS school, private school, or to a school out of the HCPSS district, we are here to help. If you are transferring to another HCPSS school, our registrars will partner to make the transition as smooth as possible.
If you have an address change, bring your new residency documents to the front office and we will update your address in the system. If you have any questions, call Jennifer Aballo, our Registrar.
Career Day 2019 – Volunteers needed!
Clemens Crossing Career Day is Wednesday, June 5, 2019. Would you like to spark an interest in the next generation? Do you have a job that you like to talk about? Can you spare an hour or two?
We invite you to be part of this exciting day! We are in need of parents to speak to students in Grades 3-5 about their careers. Presenters will speak to individual classes during 30-minute blocks. You may sign up for as many or as few blocks as you like. Our goal is to expose students to a variety of occupations. Whether your child is participating or not, we would love to have you! Please consider sharing your experiences and helping the children to begin thinking about the world of work. If you would like more information, please email our School Counselor, Ann Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PARCC Testing Dates at Clemens Crossing, Grades 3-5 Only
Math: May 28th, 29th, 30th, 31st
Math: May 20th, May 21st, May 22nd
YEARBOOK SALE ENDS TUESDAY, MAY 20
Community News and Programs
Public Information Office for distribution. Please visit Distributing Community Information through the School System or contact the Public Information Office at 410-313-6682 if you have any questions.
Community notices are neither sponsored nor endorsed by the Howard County Public School System.