Bertram Family Connection
May 2, 2022
- May 2-6: Teacher Appreciation Week!
- Wednesday, May 4: National School Nurse Appreciation Day - Thank you, Nurse Paige!
- Friday, May 6: School Lunch Hero Day - Thank you, Ms. Felis, Ms. Christina, Ms. Lisa, & Ms. Maggie
- Monday, May 9: Progress Reports available in Skyward Family Access
- Thursday, May 12: STAAR Reading Testing - 3rd, 4th & 5th Grades
- Friday, May 13: STAAR Reading Make Up Testing - 3rd, 4th, & 5th Grades
- Monday, May 16: No School - Teacher Work Day
- Wednesday, May 18: STAAR Math Testing - 3rd, 4th, & 5th Grades
- Wednesday, May 18: National Speech Language Pathologist Appreciation Day - Thank you, Ms. Lisa!
- Thursday, May 19: STAAR Science Testing - 5th Grade
- Friday, May 20: STAAR Math & Science Make Up Testing - 3rd, 4th, & 5th Grades
- Monday, May 23: Yearbooks distributed to students who purchased before May 20th @8 am (see below)
- Monday, May 23: KIndergarten Graduation, 5:45pm
- Monday, May 23: 5th Grade Crossing Over Ceremony, 7pm
- Tuesday, May 24: Class Party Day
- Wednesday, May 25: Last Day of School - Early Release at 12:20pm
This year all yearbook sales will be done online through the BCISD School Store. Yearbooks are $20. This includes tax.
To order your yearbook, please click here.
Yearbooks will be distributed to students on Monday, May 23rd. To receive a book on May 23rd, it must be purchased by Friday, May 20th at 8am.
As of Sunday, May 1st, there were only 119 books remaining. Get yours now!
Welcome the 22-23 Bertram Bulldog PTO Board!
PTO met at their April General Meeting for the election of officers to the Board for the 2022-2023 school year! We are grateful for families willing to give their time to the operation of our PTO.
President - Whitney Goble (term through 23-24)
Vice President - Marci Bolduc (term through 22-23)
Recording Secretary - Kirsti O'Brien (term through 22-23)
Communications Secretary - Trish Avery (term through 23-24)
Treasurer - Megan Laverto (term through 22-23)
Parliamentarian - Andis Goble (term through 23-24)
End of Year Party Times - May 24th
Class parties will be on Tuesday, May 24th during the times below. Parents are welcome to join us during these times.
- 8:30am-9:30am - 4th grade
- 9am-10 am -Kinder
- 9:30-10:30 am - Pre-K
- 10am-11am - 2nd Grade
- 12:30-1:30pm - First Grade
- 1pm-2pm - 5th Grade
- 1:30-2:30pm - 3rd Grade
Student Library Books Are Due!
Please have your child turn in all of their school library books this week! Ms. Garcia will be working hard to account for all books and get our collection ready for fall.
Students can earn a bulldog buck for every book they turn in!
Transportation Changes Information Reminders
Our school is growing and it is important that everyone know and follow the transportation change process.
- If your child has a change in transportation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 1:30 pm. This includes daily changes and permanent changes. Please indicate in your email if the change is just for today or if it is for every day.
- At 1:30 pm, this email box is checked for a final time and all changes will be made.
- After 1:30 pm, we print the transportation lists for teachers and dismissal staff.
- No changes will be accepted after this time.
- If you have an emergency, you may call and speak to Mrs. Harris about the situation and we will work together to support your student.
- Voicemails, notes, text messages, phone calls, and emails to any other email address are not acceptable changes of transportation and will not be processed.
- We do not accept transportation changes from students. Parents and guardians must communicate any changes by using the email@example.com email address.
Birthday Treats & Forgotten Lunches
Birthday celebrations are reserved for the last 15 minutes of the day. Please communicate with your child's teacher if you intend to send in treats. They will be able to let you know the specific time.
If your child forgets their lunch, you may drop it off at the office. If your child does not have a lunch at lunchtime, they will be served a free hot lunch.
Bertram Elementary School
- 7:15am Student Drop Off/ Breakfast
- 7:25am Office Opens
- 7:40am School Begins
- 7:45am Students arriving after this time are marked tardy
- 9:00am Students not in attendance are marked absent
- 1:30pm Any transportation changes DUE, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2:30pm All Early Checkouts must be complete - Remember to bring your picture ID to complete early check out
- 3:20pm Student Dismissal
- 3:45pm Office/School Closes