ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT - Week of October 29, 2023
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE OCTOBER ATHLETES OF THE MONTH
CHEER – Sa’Mya Torres
FIELD HOCKEY – Gabby Hiltner
GIRLS TENNIS – Belina Zhang
GIRLS SOCCER – Ava Kraybill
BOYS SOCCER – Yellian Mercedes
GIRLS CROSS COUNTRY - Paige Pacquing
BOYS CROSS COUNTRY - Amir Halim
GIRLS VOLLEYBALL - Avery Hickey
BOYS AND GIRLS CROSS COUNTRY
The EHT girls cross country team just ran their best race of the season coming in 3rd place at the Group 4 SJ Sectional meet! It was a tie for 3rd and it came down to our 6th runner who beat Williamstown’s 6th runner. It is the highest Group 4 finish in school history and the first time since 1983/4/5 that we qualified for states back to back years.
Top 7 girls were
Senior Kiki Schlemo
Sophomore Paige Pacquing
Junior Bithania Andemariam
Senior Taylor Rooney
Sophomore Devyn Per
Junior Rachael Bellettini
Sophomore Nicole Walczak
Up next: The cross country team travels to Holmdel Park on Saturday, November 4th for the NJSIAA Group 4 Championships. Good luck to the team!
MIDDLE SCHOOL FALL SPORTS:
FERNWOOD CROSS COUNTRY
The Fernwood Cross Country team traveled to William Davies MS on Wednesday for the area’s Middle School Cross Country Championship. The field was made up of the top 3 girls and boys runners from each school totaling almost 50 runners in each race. The boys ran a smart race. Running as a group, the boys used the second half of the race to move up the field. Fernwood's top finisher was Ryan Cooke 12th, followed by Jeremy Cook 16th, and Brayden Widas 18th.
The girls ran hard as a group as the race started at a blistering pace. The girls hung in there to secure some fantastic times and places. Neena Peter finished 9th and Emma Baird 30th. Molly Rooney secured a place on the podium. She ran a fantastic race and received the second-place medal. Molly is one of the most successful runners on the Fernwood cross-country team in the past 10 years! Fantastic Season Team!
FERNWOOD BOYS SOCCER
The Fernwood boys soccer team finished their season this week with a 9-1 win over Davies. Scoring for the Eagles was, Lenny Redzepi, Marko Markoski, and RJ Hubbuch all with two goals each and Nathan Rosenberg, Sebastian Antonius, and Ajay Jain each had one goal a piece. Center mids Tim Rooney and Grady Mathis held down the middle of the field and goal keepers Owen Moore and Ivan Vitkovski recorded the win in the net. The Eagles finish their season with a record of 4 wins, 1 loss and 3 ties and secured 2nd place in their league.
Great Job boys!
REGISTERING FOR A SPORT:
Everything you need (and more) regarding EHT Athletics may be found at EHTNJAthletics.com - Schedules, Contact Information, Forms, etc.
- Please review the appropriate registration dates for your interested season found on the registration page. Registration for WINTER sports for the HIGH SCHOOL is now OPEN. Registration deadline is 11/15/23.
- High School winter sports include: Winter Cheer, Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Swimming, Wrestling, Boys Winter Track, Girls Winter Track. For Sport Specific questions/information, including practice schedules, tryouts, off season opportunities, etc. Please contact the head coach of your interested sport.
- Registration for Middle School winter sports will open on Oct 1st. Registration deadline is 11/30/23.
- Middle School winter sports include boys basketball, girls basketball and wrestling
- All registrations for EHT Athletic programs must be completed online through the Family ID Program.
- You do not need a physical to register, but must have an exam uploaded seven days prior to your first tryout. *** THIS STEP CAN TAKE UP TO 7 DAYS TO COMPLETE - DEPENDING ON MEDICAL STAFF AVAILABILITY TO REVIEW DOCUMENTS - YOU MUST HAVE AN APPROVED EXAM TO PARTICIPATE IN PRACTICES AND/OR TRYOUTS***
- Physicals are valid for one year. For high school winter sports, physicals dated on 12/1/22 or later are valid. If the physical was done prior to these dates, you must obtain a new physical. For middle school winter sports, physicals dated 12/15/22 or later are valid.
- All Exams must be submitted digitally though your online registration. Click here for the physical form: https://ehtnjathletics.com/main/filesLinks/
- No hard copies, emails or faxes will be accepted.
- Re-Cert packets and COVID Forms are now part of the registration question/process. No hard copies needed.
- For Help on uploading your exam – Click here
NJSIAA: For the most up to date information from the New Jersey Interscholastic Athletic Association (NJSIAA) visit their website at https://www.njsiaa.org/
NCAA: Thinking about participating in athletics after high school? Then visit the following link from the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) to prepare: https://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/future