By: Matthew Mercado
20 INTERESTING FACTS THAT YOU MAY NOT HAVE KNOW ABOUT ERNEST HEMINGWAY!
- His mom dressed him as a girl in his early childhood years.
- He was forced to play the cello because his mom wanted him to be a musician.
- He stole a urinal from his favorite bar and kept it in his house.
- He published a recipe for apple pie.
- At 62, he married 4 wives and divorces 3 of them.
- He wanted to go to war in World War I, but he had bad eyesight
- He had convinced the military to make him an ambulance driver.
- During the war, he was wounded from a mortar fire.
- He was charged with war crime under the Geneva Convention when he took command and led of a group of French militia into battle against the Nazis.
- He was a failed Soviet KGB Spy.
- During his life, he was exposed with anthrax, malaria, skin cancer, and pneumonia and he still survived.
- He also survived from two plane crashes.
- He killed himself with his favorite shotgun.
- His death was first heard "accidental" but later on it was known as a suicide.
- He had won a bet for writing a short story with only six words. "For sale: baby shoes. Never worn"
- He was known to stop a shark with a machine gun from getting its catch.
- He broke the world record in 1938 by catching 7 marlin fish in one day.
- One of his wives died in a plane crash.
- He was known for his hunting skills as well as writing also.
- When he was 3, he killed and ate a porcupine.
Mini BIO - Ernest Hemingway