A Christmas Carol Background
- Dickens had 14 popular novels however he wrote many more.
- Charles Dickens was more wealthy than other citizens.
- He was one of the most popular authors of his time.
- Charles was greatly influenced to write by his nursemaid who told him stories
- The industrial revolution helped poverty by providing more jobs, but it also made people lose jobs.
- Industrialization affected mainly factory jobs.
- People who lost their jobs mainly were skilled workers like weavers who's jobs machines could do faster and more efficient.
Victorian Era and Child Labor
- The Victorian Era was named after queen Victoria.
- The Victorian Era went from 1837 to 1901.
- Child labor started in 1836 and was banned in 1938.
- Child labor was present because families needed everyone to have a job to bring in as much money as possible.