ART & CRAFT of FACILITATING LEARNING SPACES : AARHUS
JUNE 10th, 11th & 12th : 9.00am - 16.30pm (KAOSPILOT HQ)
The course is aimed towards 3rd level educators, program directors, trainers and edu-preneurs. The Art and Craft of Facilitating Learning Spaces Masterclass will introduce, explore and train participants in experiential learning and teaching and the art of facilitation & curating the pursuit of knowledge through learning processes, strategies, increased engagement & safe learning spaces.
The benefits of attending the masterclass at the KAOSPILOT school location in Aarhus, are that you will meet and work a with staff & students and see the space and experience the place. We have a very open door policy so feel free to arrive a few days earlier to hang out and join a talk-shop or two or just let your curiosity take over and meet some students in the halls and around. The course will also run in August 26 - 28th and October 28 - 30 at the KP.
Multiple perspectives, practices and inputs from the participants who come from multiple disciplines and countries. On average we have about 7 different nationalities present.
The Art and Craft of Facilitating Learning Spaces Masterclass will introduce, explore and train participants in experiential learning and teaching and the art of facilitation & curating learning processes, strategies and safe spaces. Participants will be introduced to the unique ‘opportunity based pedagogy’ and competency model of the Kaospilots, which has been developed over 20 years from working with young dynamic learners & leaders and by exploring the potential in transformational education.
Through imaginative interpretation, “hacking” and creative application of your curriculum, new pedagogical and methodological processes will be explored which will challenge and update the elementary approach to learning and content delivery. You can read the full description here.
BusinessWeek has recognized The Kaospilots as "one of the best design schools in the world", and Fast Company has named it in its Startup League's Big 10, "preparing you for the fast moving startup economy".
THE COURSE FEE IS €500* (+ VAT if you do not have a VAT number) as part of our ed2ed EDUCATION SERIES * or €1000 for private (non-ed) participants, consultants or trainers.
You may be entitled to apply for Erasmus+, in particular E+ Grants. Please go to your national agency to get more info about this.
If you would like to register contact the course director - firstname.lastname@example.org
The course is 3 full days (9am - 1630pm each day) and allows for a maximum of 23 participants.
For other upcoming dates & locations : US, UK, Malaysia etc. (see below)
Attend if YOU ARE:
- A teacher who is progressive and ready to explore new models for designing and delivering education and learning strategies.
- A teacher who is already achieving the above, but would like a methodology to do it better and help anchor it more inside their school & amongst their colleagues.
- A person/teacher who believes that in order to create a stronger Creative Industry in the UK, we must change the way we educate the next generation to become responsible leaders & entrepreneurs.
- A 'new' program designer who either works within traditional Education or as an entrepreneur in order to offer a change ready mindset delivering education.
- Professional organisational consultants and process facilitators who want to explore how to design more experience based and authentic leadership workshops
Some outcomes include:
- Learn about team-based pedagogy, group dynamics and team building methods to establish strong peer-to-peer, shared learning environments and to increase student engagement.
- Learn how to design, lead and facilitate transformational programs, learning spaces, learning experiences and strategies and how to establish the correct frames that promote “multiple pathways to learning so that all students are engaged and successful”.
- Learn how to run creative processes, exploring ideas and innovation using effective and fun brainstorming techniques, rapid prototyping and working with problem solving through design thinking practices.
- Learn about the hidden potential in practical and class-team work for the development of intra & interpersonal student skills such as personal expression and values, leadership, collaboration etc. and how to integrate them into curriculum design, daily lesson plans, and a classroom environment which promotes stretch zones, risk taking, creativity and reflection.
- Learn the importance of open dialogue with your students around transparent & proactive planning and learning agreements, supporting personal educational commitment.
"What a great experience! The facilitator used smart techniques to guide us through the education design process. In particular, the 'learning spaces' concept opened up my mind. I am inspired to adopt a similar education in Albania"
Elsi Rizvanolli, Executive Director, Akademia e Pilotëve, Albania
"I am absolutely convinced that the Kaos Pilot's educational model is in the right track for the construction of both, a new society and economy, because the course not only provides the foundations for understanding a more efficient way of learning, but also encompasses a human centered approach in which values, practices and knowledge are merged. As a result, this course fosters the engagement and the sense of ownership in learning, and furthermore, creates qualified happy people".
Gabriel Hernández Martrou. Doctoral researcher in design education, Lancaster University UK.
"Not just the transfer of KAOS-passion, Simon also displays a deep understanding of education during his training sessions. He really contributed to a learning revolution that, in our cases, sparked the development of experimental modules. I recommend Simon to anyone who is looking to get started with radical changes in education. We all know is needed, Simon gives \the power to do it! No more excuses guys."
Michiel Galama, Project Leader MKB21 – Readership Social Media & Reputation Management at NHL Hogeschool
The course The Art & Craft of Facilitating Learning Spaces is an inspiring experience that helps the participants to think differently about teaching. Even for people with a lot of experience in coaching and facitlitation this course offers new perspectives and the unique Kaos Pilots attitude. I loved the combination of hands-on practice and elaborate theory. I am very happy to have attended this course! My students at the HTW Berlin will highly benefit from this new approach and I will enjoy trying out new things. Thanks to Simon for the wonderful hosting and thanks to the great participants.
Dr. Moritz Gekeler, HTW Berlin
Illustration of the 3 day content and corner stones of any <ED REBOOT>
Upcoming dates & locations
Aarhus : Aug 26 - 28th @ kAOSPILOT
Aarhus : Oct 28 - 30th @ kAOSPILOT
UK : Bath Spa June 1th - 3rd
Newcastle : September 16th - 18th
Brazil : October 1st - 8th
Germany : Berlin : Dates not available yet
USA : Austin, Texas : 12 - 14th November
Malaysia : Kuala Lumpur : Nov
Singapore : November 25 - 27th
India : Dates not available yet
If you would be interested in attending or helping to set up this program in your city &/or institution, please contact me.
* Non ED2ED price:
This Course is a not for profit one. It is aimed at education personnel working at under & post grad levels and those interested in designing new forms of powerful public & private education. A higher cost of €1000 will apply to those working within corporate training, consultancy or train the trainer companies. If you are unsure about this contact me : email@example.com