Lakeview Family Newsletter ~ September 3
Prefer to read this in a different language? Click "translate".
¿Prefieres leer esto en otro idioma? Haga clic en "traducir".
Preferoni ta lexoni këtë në një gjuhë tjetër? Klikoni "përkthe".
هل تفضل قراءة هذا بلغة مختلفة؟ انقر فوق "ترجمة".
Are you wondering what to ask your child about each day of school? Try these two:
1. What questions did you ask today? (Celebrate your child's curiosity and thirst for knowledge)
2. What did your teacher do or say today that was funny? (It shows that your child is developing a relationship with his/her teacher and noticing those moments)
Try asking these - or other questions - every day. If you keep asking the same question or two every day, your child will see what is important to you and your family. Getting your child (especially our youngest children) to remember every moment of their day is probably impossible, as much as we want to know as parents. But a few open-ended questions like those above work well.
School Pictures on Sept 8
Attendance stats for this week
• Doors open at 8:25 and school starts at 8:30.
• Students need to stay the entire day until 3:35 dismissal to count as a full day of attendance. Late arrivals and early pickups count towards truancy.
• If you are going to pick up your child early, send a note or call ahead in the morning. If you show up unannounced, it will take us a while to get your child to the office.
• Remember that you should always get a note from the doctor, dentist, or other provider excusing absences so they do not count towards truancy.
Extra Clothes for Students?
Covid Isolation/Quarantine Decisions for 2021-22
Our district health team will call or email when they have questions. Please respond to them quickly so our students can be in school as much as possible.
Medications at School
If you have other questions about health services in SDSM, please see this link.