NGAA TIKANGA O OOMAERO PAA
Behaviour and Conduct guidelines at Oomaero Paa
NGAA TIKANGA - BEHAVIOUR AND CONDUCT
Oomaero Paa request that any person attending the Oomaero Paa site, adhere to the following guidelines in accordance with our tikanga on this marae.
AT ALL TIMES:
1. No eating within the building spaces.
2. No smoking within the building spaces.
3. No unauthorised persons to enter Oomaero Paa.
4. No women to enter any of the buildings/building sites until the formal opening.
TIKANGA WHAKAHAERE - OPERATIONS
- All contractors are to report to VNC Projects or Brymer Group Ltd in the first instance
- A whakatau (welcome) will be undertaken for contractors at the beginning of the rebuild.
- At the whakatau, there will be a removal of the first nail and return of the nail prior to the building taking place. This is to be done by the haukainga (Oomaero Paa people).
- The whakatau which is hosted by the haukainga will prepare a good pathway forward for the building works to begin.
Thank you for your co-operation in supporting our tikanga guidelines and ensuring both your physical and cultural safety.