Rocky Creek Elementary School
Creek News: November 30 - December 4, 2020
Rangers are self-directed learners, caring citizens and positive world changers.
Make-up picture day
December 21–22, 2020
December 23, 2020–January 1, 2021
January 4, 2021
Students and Staff Return to School
January 18, 2021
Holiday — No School for Students and Staff
January 19, 2021
First Day of Second Semester Begins
Creek Cares Tree
Make Up Pictures on December 2
LOOLA make ups will be between 11:30 and 12:00, and parents will come to the bus loop. Someone will be there to greet the kids and walk them back out after pictures have been taken.
Transportation Changes & Early Dismissals
Ask the Literacy Coach
Morning and Afternoon Car Line
You may use both lanes in the morning, just like we do in the afternoon. Begin the "zipper method" merging at the same point in line that the afternoon zipper merge starts.
You may drop off in the front car line OR the bus loop.
Always exit from cars along the sidewalk curb. At no time are children to exit from the left side of the vehicle.
Please have students ready when they reach the unloading zone. Use your time in the line to find a mask and get it on, gather book bag and lunch box, put on jackets, etc. The quicker our students exit vehicles, the quicker the line will move.
At no time should children be dropped off in the parking lot or sent across the crosswalk alone. An adult is required to walk the student ALL THE WAY ACROSS the crosswalk for your students' safety.
Parents and drivers should not leave their vehicle to assist with unloading or unbuckling students.
In the afternoon, parents and drivers should not leave their vehicle to assist with buckling students. If you need to assist your child with buckling, please move up to the gold cone. If you need to exit the vehicle for this, please pull into a parking space for your safety.
Please have car tags displayed in afternoon car line until your child is loaded.
School Food News
In addition, you may order free meals for the days your student is not at school.
Hybrid Model Students
- AA BB students will receive three breakfast and three lunch meals to take home for their virtual learning days. These meals will be delivered to classrooms (end of day Tuesday for AA students and end of day Thursday for BB students).
- These meals must be ordered ahead of time by using this form. For AA students, it must be completed by 9 am Tuesday, and for BB it must be completed by 9 am Thursday.
- The district’s Online Learning Academy students can also receive free meals. Parents of Online Learning Academy students must complete the form linked here by 6 p.m. each Tuesday when it closes. The link reopens each Friday at 1 p.m for the following week’s meals.
- The district’s Online Learning Academy families can pick up meals each Friday between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. at any one of the district’s five designated drive-through locations (Carolina Springs Middle, Forts Pond Elementary, Gilbert Elementary, Oak Grove Elementary, White Knoll Elementary). Online Learning Academy parents must show their student’s school identification card to pick up meals. Parents with questions should email Ashley Summers at email@example.com.
Lexington One Attendance Guidelines
Students Enrolled in the Face-to-Face AA BB Hybrid Model
While enrolled in the face-to-face AA BB hybrid model, students are expected to report to school on their assigned days. On virtual, e-learning days, they are expected to participate in all virtual learning activities and submit their assignments by the due date established by their teacher.
Their attendance will be recorded as follows.
Elementary Students (on face-to-face days): Teachers will take attendance daily.
Elementary Students (on virtual, e-learning days): Students will be marked present for all virtual e-learning days. If no assigned work is submitted by the due date established by the teacher, the student’s attendance will be changed to absent (for the corresponding days).
Students Enrolled in the Online Learning Academy
Students who are enrolled in the Lexington District One Online Learning Academy are expected to participate in all learning activities. This includes all online meetings. They must also submit their assignments by the due dates established by their teacher(s).
Their attendance will be recorded as follows.
Elementary Students: Students will be marked present for the day if they attend the “morning meeting” or if they participate in any of the day’s activities or assignments. If they do not, they will be marked absent for the day.
Parent/Guardian COVID-19 Communication Guide
RCE is on the Energy Bus!
Want to see what's happening inside RCE?
- Follow Rocky Creek on Twitter @RCESLex1
- Follow your child's teacher on Twitter