Fall Creek Intermediate - December 15th, 2019
- Students learned about a variety of social-emotional strategies and concepts to begin applying to their lives ~ empathy, conflict management, self-care, mindfulness, emotional regulations, and more!
- Classrooms and teams became communities through sharing in community circles and restoring relations when necessary!
- ALL students joined learning clubs to learn more about their personally chosen topic of interest, made new friends, and connected with another trusted adult at FCI.
- The FCI Spell Bowl finished in the Top 10 in the state!
- The Falcon Cross Country team finished first in the district meet!
- Teams shared academic successes with other teams, families, and staff during celebrations!
Mr. Williams was awarded with the Joseph Irwin Alumni Service Award!
Ms. Pippenger, Mrs. Boykin, & Mrs. Sullivan received grants from the HSE Foundation!
Fall Creek Intermediate was named the 2019 Intermediate/Junior High Pasta Bowl Champion! We collected 3,176 pounds of pasta!
...and so many other individual and team successes!!
Thank you for partnering with us this semester to build success for your children!! We are thankful for you all!! #FalconPride
~Mrs. Day, Mr. Williams, & the FCI Staff
End of Semester Celebration!!
Let's celebrate a fabulous semester with some SPIRIT!!
- Monday - Jeans/FCI spirit
- Tuesday - Twin/Triplet/etc. day
- Wednesday - Sweater/socks (the 'ugly' version if desired - ha!)
- Thursday - Lounge wear (pjs, sweats - school appropriate)
- Friday - Winter Wonderland - hats, scarves, winter wear
Thank you very much to everyone in our Falcon Community for their participation and donations for our 2019 Kids Caring and Sharing Riley Classic Event. For those families who would still like to donation to Riley's Children's Hospital, we will be still accepting online donations until .
The RILEY CLASSIC event was such a success on Friday!! Students learned more about Riley Children's hospital and what they do for children (and some of their peers), created some AMAZING SCHOOL SPIRIT, participated in various activities through the event, and cheered on their favorite teams!!
A HUGE Thank you to our PTO who worked alongside Mr. Zook, Mrs. Conway, and our hard-working STUDENT COUNCIL!! Organizing, taking concession orders, creating and working the raffle, filling the concessions orders, working with PTO, working the event, daily announcements...whew!! That is some hard work for an amazing cause!!! Fabulous!!! Look for totals to come out soon!
If you would like to donate online, please click the link below:
From HSE Schools Administration
Hamilton Southeastern Schools will no longer be administering NWEA in the spring. Our students in grades 3-8 now participate in ILEARN testing in the spring. Your child will continue to participate in NWEA testing in fall and winter. Winter NWEA testing will run from January 21, 2020 – February 7, 2020. Teachers use this information to help plan for students’ instructional needs. This testing will also be used in part to identify students in need of high ability services.
More information about identification for high ability services can be found at https://www.hseschools.org/academics/intervention-acceleration/high-ability Your child’s teacher will be happy to answer any questions you may have about NWEA testing.
The school counselors were in classrooms this month for the second round of classroom guidance lessons. Below is a description of their activities:
5th Grade: This round of lessons focused on social emotional learning, specifically on the topic of conflict. Students completed three activities during the lesson. First, we did a sorting activity to discuss the difference in bullying and conflict. Then, we reviewed I Statements and practiced using I Statements in tricky situations with friends. Last, we discussed the choices students can make to reduce conflict on their team, and each student made a personal pledge about something they will improve upon that will help to reduce drama and handle conflict peacefully.
6th Grade: 6th graders reviewed their goals from the beginning of the year, talked a little about the upcoming transition to the junior high, and looked way off into future at possible careers. Along with reviewing the goals they set for themselves back in August students also celebrated the goals that they’ve achieved, and set new goals for the remainder of the school year. Then we had a discussion about the upcoming transition to the junior high including; talking about the visit we will take early 2nd semester to FCJH, and what their schedule will look like and how we choose our electives. We finished our guidance lesson off by taking a Career Aptitude Test. Students learned about the Holland Personality Code and how the code can be used to pair you with certain careers. They had a blast learning about their own personalities and exploring many careers that they weren’t familiar with.
At FCI all of our students participate in Social Emotional Learning (SEL). These lessons occur once a week and are taught by your child's classroom teacher. Lessons cover a variety of skills including empathy, emotional regulation, and mindfulness. Below are the topics that were recently covered in our lessons. Please see the Skylert for Home Links.
Week 14: Managing Frustration
Week 15: Resisting Revenge
Week 14: What are Emotions?
Week 15: Values and Emotions
News From Your PTO
Upcoming PTO Meetings
• Friday December 20th 9:30am
• Friday January 24th 9:30am
• Friday February 21st 9:30am
• Friday March 20th 9:30am
• Friday April 24th 1:30pm
• Friday May 8th 9:30am
Important Message From The Treasurer
As of these week all unpaid accounts were pulled and sent to Transworld.
Please log into Skyward to check your child's current balance. If you want to pay with a credit card or electronic check you need to use eFunds. You can access this option via the district website, or you can send a check payable to FCI.
Any questions feel free to contact Michele Pitts at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's Happening @ the Creek
- 7:50-8:50am - Learning Clubs
- 2:33pm - Early Release
- 2:45-4:30pm- Boys Basketball Practice
Tuesday, December 17th, rot I1
- 9:15-2:15pm - Team 6-6 Study Trip
- 3:00-5:00pm - Girls Basketball Practice
- 5:30pm - Boys Basketball Game, FCI vs Anderson Highland (Home Game)
Wednesday, December 18th, rot I2
- 7:00am - Student Council
- 8:00-9:30am - Team 6-2 block 1 event
- 2:55-3:55pm - Science Bowl
- 3:00-5:00pm - Boys Basketball Practice
Thursday, December 19th, rot I3
- 8:00-9:30am - Team 6-2 block 2 event
- 2:55-3:55pm - Science Bowl Practice
- 3:00-4:00pm - FCI Connect
- 3:00-5:00pm - Girls Basketball Practice
- 5:30pm - Boys Basketball Game, FCI @ HIJH (Away Game)
Friday, December 20th, rot I4
- PTO Meeting
- No band/orchestra today
- 3:00-4:30pm - Boys Basketball Practice
December 21st-January 5th, 2019
- Winter Break - NO SCHOOL