Farmington View eNews
January 19, 2016
No School - Martin Luther King Holiday
Tuesday, January 19
2:05-3:45 Academic Club
2:05-3:45 Destination Imagination
Wednesday, January 20
1:35 Early Release
Thursday, January 21
1:20-1:55 PBIS Assembly
2:05-3:45 Academic Club
2:15-3:15 Bobcat Booster Meeting in the Library
Friday, January 22
8:00-9:00 K-2 with Author Roland Smith
9:15-10:15 3-6 with Author Roland Smith
5:30-8:00 Bizarre Bingo with WATCHDOGS
Farmington View Information
- Attendance: A reminder that good school attendance is 95% or better. That's missing less than 8 days for the school year. Here is our current attendance data.
90%-95% = 75or 25.3%
<90% = 20 or 6.7% (1student moved out of chronic absenteeism)
Thank you for getting your child/ren to school so we can teach them.
- Lost & Found: We have set up a new lost and found just outside the gym. All the clothing are on hooks. Please stop by to see if something just might belong to your child.
- Water Leaks: We have found a couple of water leaks in a few of our classrooms. The district has isolated the leaks and are drying them out. So don't be fearful when you see a few open ceiling panels in the hallway.
- Wireless Access Points: HSD has just completed a wifi upgrade for all middle and high schools. Elementary schools will be upgraded in 2016. However, each elementary school is receiving two movable wireless access points to strengthen our wireless until permanent access points are installed in 2016.
- Four Goals of Misbehaviors: Prior to coming to HSD in 2000, I worked at St. Mary's Home for Boys. One of the many things I learned while working there that I use today is the four goals of misbehaviors. When our students misbehave (normal) I almost always ask them which one of the following four goals of misbehaviors motivated them. Power, Attention, Revenge or Giving Up. Take a minute to open the Mistaken goal chart below. It can be a very helpful parenting tool.
Bobcat Booster & Farmington View Parents for Academic Excellence (FVPAE) Information
SCRIP: SCRIP is a great way to support our school. Order forms are available
In the office and on the school website. Thank you for your continued support of
- Bingo Night: Family Bingo Night is set for January 22nd. If you are interested in helping out, please contact Glen Mason at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bobcat Boosters: Farmington View has been the recipient of several Hillsboro School Foundation grants over the years. Each year, our Boosters put together a basket for their auction. This year, our theme is STEM. If you are interested in donating a STEM item for the basket, please drop it by our office by January 22nd. Thank you for your support!
January 21 Bobcat Booster Agenda
- Welcome - Jennifer Rychlik
- Review/Approve November Minutes
- THANK YOU Book Fair Volunteers! Giving Tree! Classroom Party Helpers!
- Need Lead for Mother Son Event
- Principal’s Report - Roger Will
- Treasurer’s Report - Stacey Mott
- Review Monthly Statement
- 6th Grade Party - Laurna Shively
- Volunteer Coordinator - Jennifer Rychlik
- Volunteer Spot Website
- Jr. Lego League
- FVPAE Report - Lori Sutton
- SCRIP - Stacey Lambing
- Daddy Daughter Dance - Laurna Shively
- Memory Book - Stacey Lambing
- Jan. 22, 5:30 - 8 pm, FVPAE Bingo Night
- Feb. 18, 2:15 pm, Booster Meeting
- Feb. 19, Daddy Daughter Dance
We hope to see you there!
Junior Lego Volunteers Needed
Friday, Feb. 19th, 7-9pm
Farmington View Gymnasium
- Top 40s Dance Music
- Cupcake and Candy Buffet
- Sparkling Pink Lemonade
- Wrist Corsage and Boutonnière
- Photo Booth
- Keepsake Valentine Photo Frame