West Genesee District e-Newsletter
December 4, 2020
Kindergarten Registration Begins in December
Kindergarten Registration for the 2021-2022 school year opened virtually on December 1, 2020 and will go until March 31, 2021. This will allow our families to register their children from the comfort of their home or office. Please click here to start the Virtual Registration process. This will schedule a telemeeting with you.
When registering, parents should be prepared to upload the following:
- proof of residency (ie. mortgage or property statement or signed lease agreement)
- proof of immunizations
- proof of age
A physical examination is also required and a dental certificate is requested for entry into kindergarten. These examinations should be done up to one year prior to the first day of school. Children who enter kindergarten this fall must be five years of age on or before December 1, 2021.
For additional information about registering your student, go to the Registration Section of the website, email the Central Registrar at email@example.com, or call them at (315) 487-4683.
WGCSD Strategic Plan: Calls for Commentary
Every year, the West Genesee CSD Strategic Planning Team comes together to review our progress toward improvement and make recommendations for continued growth. One of the key pieces of feedback is from our staff, students, and community.
Please take a few minutes to complete this survey by clicking here. Tell us about our areas of strength and opportunities for growth.
Thank you for helping us get better -- every day.
Emergency Closing Information is Important!
Announcements about school closings, delayed openings, or early dismissal will be posted on the News Headlines section of the District website home page. They are also broadcast on Twitter, Facebook, and the following stations which you can access by clicking here.
SchoolMessenger communications software allows us to send emails, texts, phone app notifications, and make phone calls. (Phone calls will be used for emergency situations only.)
Parent/Guardians and staff will NOT need to sign-up to receive information from schools that you are registered for in Schooltool. (You will have the option to opt-out if you choose not to receive emails, texts, and/or phone calls. To receive texts, you also have to opt-in per the instructions in the Tips article below. )
For more information go to the website and click on Communications Sign-up/School App from the Connect section of the home page.
Are you Receiving All of our Communications? Helpful Tips about the SchoolMessenger Communication System:
- To be sure that you are receiving all emails sent from the District/schools/teachers please periodically check your spam/junk/promotions folder for emails with @westgenesee.org, then mark that they are not spam/junk/promotions.
- To be sure that you are receiving text messages this year from WGCSD or your school(s) Text a "Y" or "Yes" to 67587
If you still have questions about receiving emails and/or text from WGCSD please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Openings in the District
The West Genesee School District is looking for Substitute Bus Drivers, Substitute Bus Attendants, and Substitute School Nurses (both RN's and LPN's). Please refer to westgenesee.org for non-instructional applications and mail or email completed applications to:
Mr. David Cirillo, Director of Staff Relations, West Genesee Central School District, 300 Sanderson Drive, Camillus, NY 13031 or email@example.com.
The West Genesee School District is also looking for certified Teaching Assistants. Please click here to apply for one of those positions.
Check out the Latest News from these WGCSD Leadership Blogs
- Notes from the Superintendent
- Notes from Executive Principal Ackles
- Notes from the CMS Principal
- Notes from Principal Dunham (WGMS)
- Notes from Principal Craig (East Hill)
- Notes from Principal Clark (Onondaga Road)
- Notes from the Split Rock Principal
- Notes from Principal Simmons (Stonehedge Blue)
- Notes from Principal Suddaby (Stonehedge Gold)
- Notes from the Director of Special Education
- Notes from Team Remote
- Notes from the WG Nurses
- Notes from Fine Arts
- December 7, 2020 Board of Education Ad Hoc Employee Benefits Committee Meeting - 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- December 7, 2020 PCIC Meeting - 7:00 p.m.
- December 16, 2020 Board of Education Meeting Claims Audit Sub-Committee Meeting - 6:15 p.m.
- December 16, 2020 Board of Education Meeting - 7:00 p.m.
- December 24, 2020 - January 1, 2021 Holiday Recess - No School