1st Grade at Bear Creek Elementary
Week 23: March 8-12, 2021
Happy Monday, families!
- March 15-19, 2021 is AISD scheduled Spring Break.
Our learning goals for the week:
- We will read a clock to the hour and half-hour.
- We will solve word problems that involve a comparison.
- We will strengthen our strategies for solving subtraction facts.
- We will read words with long /i/ (igh, y); long i, o
- We will spell and write words with long /i/ (igh, y) patterns.
- We will identify high frequency words: bring, eyes, family, girl, move, soon, together, warm.
- We will manipulate phonemes.
- We will explore plants, how geographic location effects their growth, and how it effects what we eat.
- We will explore different parts of plants.
- We will measure objects following measurement rules.
IXL is a great app to help your kiddo get extra practice with the material we are going over in class.
Our target goal is 50 minutes a week, 10 minutes each day. This app picks up where your child scored on the MAP assessment. The slot for Imagine Learning on our classroom schedule is at the end of lunch, right before Special Areas.