Healthy is Better
10 Sugar facts you may not know.
Sugars have been blamed for causing everything from cavities to obesity and a lot of conditions in between. Here are the facts about sugars to help you decide how to sensibly incorporate sugars into your diet.
- Not all sugars are the same.
- Dental cavities are caused by bacteria , not sugar.
- Sugars do not cause obesity, diabetes or other serious diseases.
- Sugars do not cause hyperactivity.
- Sugar is no addictive.
- Eliminating sugars from your diet is not necessary in order to lose weight.
- Moderate amounts of sugars are part of healthful diet.
- Glycemic index ratings are not practical for most people to use.
- People with diabetes can include some foods with sugar as part of their total diet.
- High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) does not cause obesity.