September 7th, 2022
9/16 Fall Picture Day for all K-8 Students and Staff
Parking Lot Reminders
Students cannot walk unescorted in the parking lot. This applies to ALL students, even middle school. If you park, please walk your student up to the shelter area.
From the hours of 7am-9am and 3pm-4pm. It will be RIGHT TURN ONLY for cars exiting the Parent Pick-up Lot. There will be signs posted soon.
Handicap Accessible Parking is available at the East end of the bus loop. Persons requiring this access may enter those spaces at any time of day. This is the same area where spaces were designated in the past.
When walking to pick-up students after school, please wait in the designated area (sign board). This allows space for students to enter the pick-up shelter and then be safely released to their adults.
Please follow all of the arrows in the parking lots. Both loops go counterclockwise-bus loop and pick-up loop.
Parent Square Information
- Parent Square should NOT be used to communicate transportation changes (riding the bus etc.). Please call the office to make those changes.
- Parent Square is NOT used for attendance. Please call the front office if your child will be absent or if you have attendance questions.
- Users have the ability to set the time you receive information/notifications. If you choose the Digest Option, all of the messages come at one time. The time seems to be about 6:45pm.
- Users also can select how you receive messages. You can choose: email, text or notifications in the app. You can also get all three.
- If a friend or neighbor has said that they have not received any messages from the school, they should check their spam folders or contact the office for more information. Spread the word!
- Teachers may only be checking their Parent Square accounts after school when they have finished teaching. Their responses to messages may be delayed.
On Time for School
Volunteers Needed for Picture Day
News from the Kitchen
Deep Creek-Damascus School will be providing Free Breakfast to all students this year. Students who are approved for either Free or Reduced-Price meals (FARMS) will also get lunch for free. Students who are not eligible for FARMS will be charged (EL $2.40, MS $2.65) for lunch. No child will be denied a meal for lack of payment.
Gresham-Barlow SD sent paper applications to your household address on file. You may also apply online at mymealtime.com in either English or Spanish. Paper applications may be turned in to your school office or the Nutrition Services office, or mailed to Nutrition Services, 1331 NW Eastman Parkway, Gresham, OR 97030.
Expectations for Attending HS Football Games
Please remember that school rules still apply in regards to being safe, respectful and responsible. Failure to follow expectations will result in a student needing to leave the game and may limit their ability to attend future events.
Join the new online directory: https://dcdk-8pto.membershiptoolkit.com/home?fbclid=IwAR1ChXIH-chTUYA40JOtb1CcM2vMcNWGDFQ-7gsiptSvvj-nDYw-YZO_3Fc
Picture Day Volunteers Needed! We’re looking for 8 volunteers to help Picture Day run as smooth as possible! Sign up here: https://dcdk-8pto.membershiptoolkit.com/volunteer/85285
Attend the first PTO Meeting of the year! Wednesday, September 14th at 6:30pm in the DCD Library! Attendees are automatically entered for a chance to win a free DCD PTO t-shirt!