HCS Counselor Connection
This isn't going to be a LONG newsletter (ain't nobody got time for that :-). I just wanted to touch base with you and let you know about some important dates for the very near future.
I hope you had a wonderful spring break and were able to re-charge your batteries by resting and relaxing with family and friends. I had the good fortune to travel to Honolulu, Hawaii, for the American Counseling Association Annual Conference. The conference was good, but Hawaii was wonderful. The weather was spectacular, the scenery was gorgeous, and the food was delicious. The only down side was the long flight there and back.
Upon my return, I traveled to Montgomery for two days to work on a task force that's revising and updating the State Counseling and Guidance Plan. I can honestly say, it wasn't "sexy" work, but it's neat to work and collaborate with other colleagues from around the state. All of us are passionate about what we do as School Counselors.
This time of year reminds me of being on a roller coaster. We're moving at a ridiculous speed and have lots of scary loops, sharp curves and highs and lows to get through. But, hang on, we'll make it!!!
Mahalo (Thank You) :-)
- April 10 1:00 - 2:30 Counselor Mentor/Protégé Meeting @ HCT Library
- April 10 2:30 - 3:30 Summer School Meeting for Middle and High School Counselor @ HCT
- April 10 4:30 - 5:30 ALCA Chapter II Meeting @ Phil Sandovols
- April 15 8:00 - 3:30 Career Dev. Conference in Gardendale (you probably registered in late Jan.)
- April 21 11:30 - 12:30 Drake Counselor Luncheon @ Drake
- May 8 3:30 - 4:30 No Place for Hate District Celebration at Merts (more details coming soon)