Edgerton Weekly #20
February 5, 2016
Equity In All We Do-Sri Lanka Exchange
"This is to notify you of our decision on which team has been selected to participate in the Rotary Educator Exchange Program to Sri Lanka this spring and summer. We interviewed the three teams from Brimhall, Edgerton, and Roseville Area High School on Saturday, January 23rd and were faced with a tough decision. We really want all teams to be able to participate as they all presented a wonderful vision of their version of the Exchange. As we look to the future, we hope that this opportunity will be available again, and the other teams can participate.
In the end, our pick is Edgerton School, picked for both their powerful teamwork, and their integration of this project into their school curriculum, and development of skills in working with our EL population. We believe they will be a great partner with the incoming Sri Lankans as well as wonderful representatives for our school district when visiting Sri Lanka."
Congratulations to Debbie, Lexie, Lisa and Erica. You represented us well and will in Sri Lanka too.
Edgerton's Got Talent ~ Thank You Hanh!
Last week we had our school talent show: Edgerton's Got Talent. Our students shined as they performed, showing off their skills! I’m amazed at what our students can do and was grateful to all of the work done by our staff to support this event. A big shout out to Hanh for organizing the Talent Show. Thank you also to Debbie, Debbie's student teacher Iris, Mark, Sam, Rob, Mike and everyone else who helped out. It was a great event.
Staffing! It's that time of year again!
Principals will be meeting to learn about staffing allocations in late February. A staffing plan is due back to the district in March. If there is anything you want me to know going into staffing or if you have requests for changes please let me know by Feb. 19.
Each year the PTA reimburses teachers up to $50 for funds they spend on their classroom . In the past not all staff have been included. At the January PTA meeting, a motion was proposed and passed to reimburse all full time staff $50 and all part time staff $25. Please fill out the reimbursement forms in the office and turn them into the PTA mailbox in the office.
Data on Site Improvement Plan Implementation
This month we collected some data to assess the implementation of our Site Improvement Plan. We collected data on learning targets and positive phone calls home.
- Learning Targets-This week I walked through classrooms and collected a random sample of Learning Targets posted. 86% of classrooms had their learning targets posted for what they were teaching in reading or math. Our goal is to post Learning Targets in kid friendly language in reading and math. We also want the learning targets to be linked to standards, students should know what the learning target is and we should be assessing learning targets.
- Positive Phone Calls Home-Our goal is to make 4 positive phone calls home each month. Based on the call logs staff submitted we are averaging 4.2 calls per month. We also implemented Positive Office Referral phone calls and have been making an average of 5.5 per month. Our goal is to build positive relationships with EDG families by making four positive phone calls per month. We are on track and have implemented positive phone calls home well. Thank you to each of you for all your hard work building relationships with our families!
Professional Development Reminders and Opportunities
- On Friday, February 12 we will have CRCT professional development from 8:15-11:15. The afternoon will be on PRESS and Analyzing Running Records. We'll meet from 12:15-3:15. Please remember, each teacher needs to bring four copies of one Running Record.
- TIES is offering the free code.org training session on Sat, March 19. Here's the
link for more details.
- There are three Responsive Classroom Training Opportunities on March 11. Please see the link for more information and let me know if you are interested.
- If you are interested in Cognitively Guided Instruction (CGI) training, there is an amazing opportunity just around the corner. See the link for more details and let me know if you are interested.