The Best colony since 1620
The Mayflower was a ship that transported the pilgrims. The Mayflower set sail on mid July 1620 headed to Northern Virginia. A large storm knocked them of course but, they prevailed and landed in Cape Cod. During the rigorous voyage William Bradford established a set of rules that would help the colony survive. This document that was a form self government is known as the Mayflower Compact. It was important to remember that in such times of need, it is important to remember the value of collaboration.
History of Thanksgiving
Massachusetts is not all happy farming and agriculture, we have shipbuilding, fur trade, lumber, and even fishing!
Reasons we're better than the other colonies
1. The pilgrims were more Peaceful than New Yorkand we are not in a war with Native Americans.
2. We have a better Survival Rate than Virginia. If you want to survive you have a better chance with us.
3. We have thanksgiving, a tradition transcending generations and nothing beats the turkey. The other colonies do not have a tradition that celebrates a great harvest
4. We have many industries and peaceful trading with the Native Americans.
5. We have less diseases than warmer colonies because of our colder climate. South Carolinians had become deathly ills under the likes of the yellow fever a disease that we do not carry.
6. We are not prisoners or in debt like those Debtors in Georgia.
7. We value our education having the first form of public schools as the Boston Latin school in 1635. In the other colonies most children left school at the age of 12 to 13 year old.
8. We are religiously stable and have peace unlike Maryland that has fighting between Protestants and Catholics.