Virtual Toolkit Workgroup Meeting 4-21-21
Today's Task: Review Photos
- Now: continue collecting photos
- April: committee review of photos to approve/reject
- May: sort into categories
- June: publish online
- June & beyond: promote online gallery once published
I need your help with step #2, reviewing pictures. Click the link here or the button below to access an online Google survey. Click "approve" or "reject" below each picture or provide details with "other."
Things to consider might be:
- Is this reflective of rural culture or lifestyle?
- Is this photo appropriate or inappropriate?
- Is this something people might find useful?
Can at least 5 people to review photos before they are published? Deadline: April 30.
Example Photos from the Submission Gallery
[NOTICE] Time Change for Next Meeting
Rural Network Meeting
Tuesday April 27
NEW TIME just for this meeting: 3 - 5 p.m.
Click here to register in advance and receive a meeting link.
Click here to access meeting minutes from March.
In April, Dave Shavel, a coalition trainer from the CADCA program (Community of Anti-Drug Coalitions of America) is going to host an organizing session with us consisting of mini listening sessions. It will help us understand where we are now, where we want to go in the future, and how to get there.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or learn more and to subscribe for meeting reminders.
Webinar: Equitable Approaches to Primary Prevention of Adolescence Marijuana Use
Renee Johnson, PhD, MPH - The presentation describe strategies for ensuring that programs to prevent marijuana use are grounded in the principles of equity. It will include:
- a review the history of marijuana control policies in the US,
- a summary of how structural racism and social disadvantage shape risk for use and use disorder, and
- offer strategies for ensuring that programs and policies are grounded in an equity framework.
Click here to register.
Connection is the Best Prevention
Our mission is connecting and supporting communities to build resilience and prevent youth substance use. We envision a healthy, thriving community free of substance abuse.
Forward this newsletter to a friend, colleague or youth leader. You may also pass our news link along: bit.ly/preventnews.