The Launching Stage
Lily & Maraya
Responsibilities at this Stage - LK
There are not exactly responsibilities that a parent MUST follow. But there are things that a good parent would make sure to do:
- Help child find a new home or find a college
- Help child move into home or college
- Provide emotional support for child leaving home if needed
- Provide advice for child leaving home
- If desired, help/completely pay for college expenses
Marital Relationship at this Stage - M
Major Worries & Stresses at this Stage - LK
There are many things a parent can be worried or stressed about when a child moves out:
- Is the parent making a good decision?
- Is the child making good decisions outside the home?
- Being alone in the house when all kids move out
- Will the child continue to allow me to be involved in their life?
- Is the child safe in a home and are they able to pay the bills?
- Does the child have a secure job?
How money is spent and used at this stage? - M
- House or apartment
- personal things that they can't afford
Parents priority is to help you learn to get out there on your own, so whatever you need they will sometime help with.
A Typical Day in this Stage - LK
How many years are typically in this stage? - M
What are some Major Goals in this Stage? - LK
Other Major Points of this Stage - M
- For the children- Once they have moved out and are stable, their parents will at one point probably need some financial help or health care.
- For the parents- If they are able to maintain friends, hobbies, and other interests, these are the years continuing growth. if they withdraw from friendships and activities, they may feel isolated or bored.