Wednesday Wellness | January 27, 2016
In This WW:
- Are You Following Up with Your Fitness?
- FIT Group Update: Drop 20
- FIT Group Sneak Peak: Mindful Meditation @ Work | Meeting Today @ 3pm- Conf. Room 2E
- Yoga @ The Lakehouse!
- Test Your Fitness Knowledge with Dos & Don'ts: Quizz from WebMD
- Wednesday's Last Word
1. Are You Following Up with Your Fitness?
We talk a lot about accountability and the importance of support around here, and those elements are certainly necessary for continued success. However, the idea of "if it is to be, it is up to me", has never held deeper meaning than right now. Allow us to challenge your level of personal accountability by asking these questions:
- Do you wake up everyday with a goal in mind for yourself?
- Are you working a workout routine and looking forward to tomorrows workout?
- Did you plan ahead for what you will eat today?
- Do you have the mentality of year-round resolutions?
- Are you getting in tune with your body? Its current limitations, plateaus, and progresses?
- Have you had your follow up to your HRA with nurse Brittany? (The clinic is calling you...link is below)
- Are you doing your best to stay mentally motivated?
- Am I following up with my own best fitness?
For additional steps on being your own best trainer, check out the link below via LiveStrong.com:
2. FIT Group Update: The Drop 20 Challenge for Men
"It's going great! I was down 8lbs this morning when I weighed in. My diet has been very consistent with little cheating. I'm digging it!"
"Going great. This challenge has caused me to try different classes, such as kettlebell and boxing skills. Variety is a key to change."
"It's going great. I've been consistent with my workouts and diet. I've got to keep up with Bill O'Loughlin, as he is wasting away before my eyes!"
"I've been through 3 workouts with Bernard and feeling it! I mix up my cardio in the Coliseum or Kenpo X / Yoga X at home. Doing well with tracking food & drink intake. Trying to keep up the smaller more frequent healthy meals/snacks. Looking forward to seeing if this thing is working."
3. FIT Group Sneak Peak: Mindful Meditation @ Work | Meeting Today @ 3pm, Conf. Room 2E
Presence - Being In the Moment
Wed. 28th 3:00pm
Come join us to learn about being in the moment and how experiencing the present can create more joy and happiness in your life.
We will be discussing the benefits and tips to Present Awareness. Along with a short guided meditation.
We had a great first Mindfulness Meditation class last Wednesday! If you missed it here are some of the points we covered:
1. You will have thoughts in your meditation. It’s not about getting rid of all your thoughts…this is a great myth. The reason you have thoughts is because your body will release stress when you achieve deeper states of rest as a result of your mind becoming quiet. This is ok, it’s natural and when you do, simply return to your Breath and Meditation.
2. There's always time to meditate. If you look at your day from the perspective of having 72 pockets of 20 minutes in every 24 hour day and choose to put aside just one segment of 20 minutes to meditate, you will notice you will be more productive, have less stress, sleep better and have greater success!
3. Not all meditations are the same. In fact, they are quite different with different results. The point of this 10 week Meditation class is for you to discover what resonates with you so you can develop your own habits and Daily Meditation practice.
Look forward to seeing you this week,
Karen (Rossiter Stretch Therapist)
4. Yoga @ The Lakehouse | Join In!
- 12-12:30 - Restorative Yoga
- 12:30-1 - Power Yoga
- 12-12:45 - Yoga
Your Lakehouse Wellness Champion: Lynn Cromer!
5. Test Your Fitness Knowledge with This Quizz!
6. Wednesday's Last Word
~World Health Organization