Guided Reading & Literature Circles
In The K-8th Classroom
Drastically Improve Reading Instruction in Your Classroom!!!
Specifically designed for grades 1-8 teachers, reading specialists, special education teachers, literacy coaches, and paraprofessionals working with small groups of students.
- Guided Reading Essentials
- Literature Circle Essentials
- Strategies for Grouping Students
- Motivation Tools
- Shared Reading
- How to choose the right texts for Guided Reading & Literature Circles
- Comprehension Strategies/ Figure 19
- Decoding Strategies
- Ideas For Setting Students Up
- Strategies For Progress Monitoring
- Procedures For Creating Literature Circles
- Ideas For What the Other Students Are Doing While You Are Working in Small Groups
- And Much More!!!!!
Review dozens of mini-lessons and materials to use to motivate and accelerate your students to read and achieve their maximum potential!
Benefits of Attending
- Strengthen the effectiveness of your small group instruction
- Create a framework to ensure differentiated learning
- Learn what the experts do to save time
- Implement more purposeful extension activities
- Explore resources for fiction and nonfiction texts
- Accelerate progress for ALL readers
- Use formative assessments in guided reading
- Explore a wide array of comprehension strategies
- Receive an in-depth guide on guided reading & Literature Circles to use in your classroom!
- Plan for meaningful literature circles!
- Walk away ready to implement ideas to improve comprehension on TPRI, DRA, and STAAR!
Meet the Trainers!
Randi Anderson is an elementary educator, blogger, and staff developer. She taught third and fourth grade at title one schools in the Fort Worth area. Before entering the classroom, Randi studied early childhood education and English as a second language at The University of Texas at Austin. She has a strong passion for making reading and writing authentic and engaging for her students.
Register 3 or more staff members and receive a 10% discount. ($171 per person)
Principals & Assistant Principals attend FREE with the registration of 3 or more staff members!
You can register by Faxing, Calling, or Emailing your registration form in.
Purchase Orders are accepted.
Please Make Checks or Purchase Orders out to Kelly Harmon & Associates.
Call (817) 583-1290
Fax (972) 369-7327
For more Information please contact us today!
Reserve Your Spot Today!
Thursday, Aug. 6th, 8:30am
801 North Loop 1604 W
San Antonio, TX
RSVPs are enabled for this event.