Eastside: The Greatest School
"No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else."
Week of March 11th
Eastside Mission & Vision
Working in partnership with the community, Eastside Elementary will provide all students:
A collaborative team of professionals who are committed to improve their practices, so that all students learn at high levels
A safe, positive, and inviting learning environment
An engaging and challenging curriculum focused on essential academics and life skills
Individualized and timely support that provides students with what they need to succeed
Countdown to the Greatest Show:
Kinder and 1st grade - 4 full instruction days
2nd grade - 3 full instruction days
3rd and 4th grade - 19 days
5th grade - 24 days
I was inspired this week by my pastor. I share lots of quotes from lots of books. This quote is from the book, 2nd Timothy. "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." As we finish this week of instruction heading into Spring Break may this be our matra. As we leave the building on Friday, we want to reflect back on this week of instruction and know that we FINISHED WELL. Every minutes counts! Students need your expertise. Their success counts on you. For some of our Eastside panthers, education is their ticket out of poverty! We hold the key to unlock their successful future. Let's go!!!
Eastside is in the Log Cabin again! Great job Math/Wellness Committee!!
Details for the Week
- Mrs. Bailey meets with 3-5 content teams for team meetings (no block staff team meeting this week).
- I will announce the winner of the 3-5 ACT Aspire Interim 3 grade level competition on the intercom!!!
- PTO meeting at 3:45
- Mrs. Bailey meets with K-2 for team meetings
- Staff meeting Wednesday morning at 7:40 - 8:20. All students will be in the PE building with Mrs. Turner, Ms. Newkirk, Mrs. Cardin and subs. All classified staff will meet with Mrs. Dunlap and Mrs. Manning directly after 8:20 in the team meeting room. Mrs. Hogg will cover the office at that time.
- 2nd Grade field trip to Charlotte's Web
- Wear your jeans and panther attire. We will dress professionally on Friday.
- 3rd Nine weeks Awards Assembly - Professional Dress - K-2 @ 8:30 and 3-5 @ 9:30
- No Friday PROWL due to Awards Assembly
- No recess meetings due to Attendance celebrations (more information from Mrs. Manning will be sent out about this)
- Guiding Coalition will meet at 2:20 - 3:20. These teachers will be making arrangements to get their class covered.
- SIT commenting completing by end of day on Friday with 3-5.
- We will all meet in the lobby after car duty to draw for perfect attendance ($100 bills) and send us all off to SPRING BREAK!!!
- Important News:
- Discuss with Mrs. Patty and let's get your $500 classroom money spent prior to Spring Break, if you haven't already.
- No MAP or DIBELS progress monitoring this week.
- 2nd grade - Mrs. Manning and I will be coming to you to go Live on Facebook. This will be your opportunity to involve parents in how to help their child at home with first grade reading skills. Discuss with your team what you would like to share. We will be videoing later in the week during a recess. We will get with you on the date and time. Kindergarten and 1st grade have done a great job with this. Feel free to watch their video on Facebook for an idea of how it will work.
- Balcony person: Find a way to make them SMILE!!! It could be a joke or a kind word, etc.
- Dance Practice will occur this week. They plan to practice as much as they can after school. See Mrs. Krogman with any questions.
Keep up the great work of passing out PRIDE tickets!
- Please take lots of pictures of your students engaging in the learning this week! Email them to Mrs. Manning and myself. We want to continue to tell Eastside's story through social media.
- Mrs. Robertson and her husband will be going on a mission trip this summer to Japan. They will have a fundraiser on March 29th at Bob's grill at 6 PM- $10 for burger meals. Mrs. Robertson wanted everyone to know they are invited.
- Staff attendance incentive for the month of January, February and until Spring Break: The PTO will be donating 3 $100 bills for a drawing for staff with Great Attendance. If you have had perfect attendance (not counting PD), you will get three chances to win. If you have missed 1 day (not counting PD), you will get two chances to win. If you have missed 2 days (not counting PD), you will one chance to win. We will draw prior to leaving for Spring Break. Thank you PTO!
Mr. LaRose and the Guiding Coalition Getting Clear on RTI
Computer Science Word of the Month: Function
Character Word of the Month: Citizenship
Important Dates (Refer to our EES 2018- 2019 Year at a Glance Calendar in Google Drive)
I have updated the EES Calendar at a glance with lots of new upcoming dates.