Tarbiyah Academy Parent Newsletter
Updates, Information, and Reminders for our TA Families
September 12, 2021
Assalamu Alaikum Dear TA Parents and Families!
I hope that this finds all of our families well and in the best of conditions! I hope you have all had an enjoyable weekend spent with your families and loved ones.
As we move into our 3rd week of in-person schooling, we continue to navigate this "new normal;" this new mode of schooling while striving with every resource and piece of knowledge we have to maintain a safe environment for our students and staff. Simultaneously, we are working diligently to create a learning environment for our students characterized by excellence, rigor, and growth.
Students, thus far, have engaged in creating their classroom Essential Agreements-a set of expectations for each classroom that will be used throughout the year to establish and maintain boundaries in the classroom. Students have also become familiar with classroom routines and procedures; engaged in beginning of the year baseline assessments; and have started to dive into some curricular and academic content as well.
Let's continue to pray for a safe and beneficial year for us all! May Allah protect our community and allow us to thrive through the experiences at our school. May He grant us protection and security and guide us in all we do.
Please read ahead for lots of pertinent information at this time for our families. Please do reach out with any questions.
Thank you and jazakum Allahu khairun.
Head of School
We hope you will all come out to our first fundraising event of the year-Restaurant Night at Maiwand Kabob. See details right below!
Time: 5:00pm-9:00pmLocation: Maiwand Kabob, 6131 Columbia Crossing Cir., Columbia
COVID Safety and Procedures
In an effort to ensure that we are responsibly maintaining the safest possible environment for our school members, students who are exhibiting any of the symptoms outlined below MUST stay home and in the meantime, have a PCR test conducted. Furthermore, we will send home any student who is exhibiting these symptoms during the school day.
- fever of 100.4 or higher
- sore throat
- difficulty breathing
- diarrhea or vomiting
- new onset of severe headache (especially with fever)
- new loss of taste or smell
There are several, important points to take note of:
- In the event that a child is sent home due to exhibiting one or more of the symptoms outlined above, we will guide families as to next steps according to the individual case/circumstances.
- Remember to take your child's temperature before leaving for school each day, and screen your child for any symptoms before coming to school.
- Let us know immediately if your child or anyone in your immediate family has been exposed to someone with COVID.
- Let us know immediately of any traveling that has occurred among your family.
- For students who suffer from symptoms due to a preexisting condition such as asthma or migraine headaches, you may submit a note from the child's pediatrician indicating such, and that the child's symptoms are not COVID related.
- The same overall procedures will be followed for staff members who are exhibiting symptoms. In this case, staff members may teach remotely to students (through Zoom) while students are present in the school classroom with supervision.
- Students who miss school may use task descriptions in Managebac to stay abreast of lessons and missing tasks. Please reach out to individual teachers to learn how to submit tasks and missing assignments, and for any further instructions.
We realize that some uniform pieces are on back order with Dennis Uniform. In this case ONLY, and until the uniform arrives and is in stock, students may come to school in pieces that closely match our school uniform (e.g. white shirt or red, button down sweater). This mostly applies to the Formal Friday ties and shirts. Boys pants must be purchased from Dennis Uniform.
PE Schedule & Reminders
On PE days, students should come to school in their PE uniform, and remain in their uniform for the entire day. Students do NOT need to change into their regular uniform after PE class.
Please note that PE hoodies/sweatshirts are NOT to be worn on non-PE days; in this case, students should wear the red sweater from Dennis Uniform.
Lunch Purchase Options for Students
We continue to have lunch purchase options available to students Monday-Thursday. Cash will NOT be handled at this time when purchasing lunch. All purchases will be charged to parent TADS accounts.
**Please note that moving forward, we will charge families on a MONTHLY basis for lunch, snacks, and water. This is to avoid excessive processing fees on TADS.
Please see lunch options below.
Mondays/Wednesdays; provided by Flip’s Pizza
- Pizza by the slice - $2
- Mozzarella sticks (5 sticks) - $5
- Medium fries - $3
- Small garden salad - $5
- Grilled cheese sandwich with fries - $5
Tuesdays/Thursdays: provided by Columbia Café (thabiha options)
- Chicken burger with fries - $6
- Beef burger with fries - $6
- Chicken tenders (3 pcs) with fries - $6
- Chicken nuggets (6 pcs) with fries - $6
- Fries $2
In addition, snacks and bottled water are available for purchase on a daily basis for $1.
**Correction from the previous newsletter: We will NOT handle cash for snacks and bottled water. TADS accounts will also be charged for all snacks and bottled water on a monthly basis.
Snack options will include items such as crackers, raisins, popcorn, and fruit cups.
In the Event of School Closure
1) Release Form
2) Cohort Preference Form
Here are the Cohort Assignments:
Cohort A: Monday, Tuesday (students come to school on these days)
Cohort B: Wednesday, Thursday (students come to school on these days)
Friday: Fully Virtual