Principal's Message (traduzca al español, oprima 'Translate Newsletter')
Dear Larsen Community,
Happy New Year and welcome back to digital school on Monday, January 4,2021!
We are excited to have our students learning virtually again with their teachers! I hope our Roadrunners had a restful winter break and are ready to get back into their digital learning schedule.
Each and every one of us at Larsen Elementary miss seeing our students on campus and had hoped that we would be able to welcome them back soon. Due to rising COVID-19 cases in our county, unfortunately, having students learning on campus continues to not be possible. We will not reopen our school campus for in-person learning in the foreseeable future and we do not yet have an available date as to when we will be able to resume in-person learning. Therefore, we will continue to remain in the all-virtual classroom learning model until further notice. We will make the best of it as we are committed to providing your child(ren) the best education possible no matter what.
Congrtulations to Mrs. Camacho on her retirement! 🌟🎉🎈👏
Help STOP the spread of COVID-19
Important- COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations, and deaths across our county and the United States are rising. We all must remain vigilant. The changes we have had to make to routines and daily life are extremely hard, but these changes are even more important now and in the future. We must stop the spread of this new and dangerous virus. The more steps you and your family can take to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the safer you will be.
Three Important Ways to Slow the Spread
- Wear a mask to protect yourself and others and stop the spread of COVID-19.
- Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arm lengths) from others who don’t live with you.
- Avoid crowds. The more people you are in contact with, the more likely you are to be exposed to COVID-19.
What to Do If You're Sick
- Stay home except to get medical care.
- Isolate yourself from other members of your family to prevent spread to them and the people that they may have contact with, like grandparents.
- Even if you don’t feel sick, you can spread COVID-19 to others.
- Get care immediately if you are having emergency warning signs, like trouble breathing, pain or pressure in chest.
PTA Meeting January 6, 2:30 PM
Next ELAC Meeting is on January 6th at 6:30 PM
Next SSC meeting is on Jan 14, 2020 at 7 PM
'Time to Stop' Kaiser Permanente virtual student assembly on Conflict Management🤝 - Jan. 15
Teachers will each have their own time slots.
- The steps to managing conflict are: Stop, Breathe and Choose.
- Managed conflict can be a healthy precursor to a positive change.
- Communication and teamwork are preventative steps in helping children deal with anger issues.
'My Body Belongs To Me' Interface Virtual Presentations Jan. 11-22
Join us for a Parent Academy on "Setting Routines and Structure at Home"- Jan. 28, 6-7 PM
Parent Presentation on setting routines and structure at home. Being actively involved in your child's academic progress. January 28th 6-7p.m.
Zoom link will be sent to families via SMS text message as the date approaches.
Distance Learning Expectations
Please Report Your Student's Absences
If your child will be absent, please call the school and report the absence to our office staff. Please bring any doctor's notes or necessary documentation to excuse and absence to the school office or email it to Ximena Lopez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Need technology assistance?
HESD TECH SUPPORT
Larsen Uniform Dress
Larsen Staff Contact Information
There are many ways to get in contact with your teacher.
- Contact your teacher during his/her office hours
- Dial (805)986-8740 and your teacher's extension
- Check in to your synchronous classes each day
- Seesaw or Google Classroom