Blue Jay Bulletin for Parents
November 16, 2020 - Issue 16
Dear Blue Jay Families,
A few notes and reminders for the next two weeks of virtual school...
- Wednesday, Nov. 18 - Virtual school begins
- Classroom calendar links are active (see below). You can access daily agendas from the calendar to see what is expected each day. Teachers have linked activities and resources to this agenda to help navigate each day's learning.
- There are daily morning opportunities for students in grades 1-6 to connect virtually (Zoom or Google Meets) with the classroom teacher and classmates if desired. Beyond that we have tried to make each day's school work flexible enough that it can be done in the morning, afternoon, or evening depending on each family's schedule.
- Time frames for online learning are 45-60 minutes a day for Kindergarten-2nd grade and 60-90 minutes a day for 3rd-6th grade.
- Accelerated Reader will be open from 8am-8pm from November 18-24 if students would like to take quizzes on books read.
- Last week Governor Parsons and the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education released new guidelines regarding wearing masks that should help limit the number of quarantines in the future. Please see November 16, 2020 letter from Mr. Sickels below.
Stay Positive and Healthy,
Classroom Calendars (links are active)...
Mrs. Hughes, Kindergarten - click here
Mrs. Lawrence, Kindergarten - click here
Mrs. Bredensteiner, 1st Grade - click here
Mrs. Waigand, 1st Grade - click here
Mrs. Garst, 2nd Grade - click here
Mrs. Gilson, 2nd Grade - click here
Mrs. Amthor, 3rd Grade - click here
Mrs. Geib, 3rd Grade - click here
Mrs. Holstine, 4th grade - click here
Mrs. Stanton, 4th grade - click here
Mrs. Hunter, 5th grade - click here
Ms. Roup, 5th grade - click here
Mrs. Hastert, 6th grade - click here
Mrs. Weber, 6th grade - click here
Discovery (Art, Music, PE, Library, Guidance), Title math, and Title Reading will be incorporated into the classroom calendars.