Digital Learning Day!
Feb. 17, 2016
What is Digital Learning Day?
Simply stated, Digital Learning Day is a day to celebrate integrating technology into your teaching!
"Started in 2012, Digital Learning Day has provided a powerful venue for education leaders to highlight great teaching practice and showcase innovative teachers, leaders, and instructional technology programs that are improving student outcomes. This grassroots effort blossomed into a massive nationwide celebration as teachers realized that Digital Learning Day is not about technology, it’s about learning. It’s not about laying off teachers for laptops, it’s about enhancing the role of the teacher in America’s classrooms. Digital Learning Day promotes the effective use of modern day tools afforded to every other industry to improve the learning experience in K-12 public schools." - From DigitalLearningDay.org
Join in on the Fun!
Click to register your class! http://www.digitallearningday.org//site/Default.aspx?PageID=423
I want to join in, but I don't know what to do.
Here are some ideas of things their classes will be doing:
- creating Lego Stop Motion Videos to retell a story
- skyping with another class to discuss what they have learned about penguins
- holding a Twitter Chat with another class to do a Q and A on a specific topic learned
- creating ebooks using Little Bird Tails
- editing videos of their own dance and music performances
- using the green screen to create videos to show what students have learned about weather