The Westside Wonder
Westside Parent Newsletter
Click the link to view our parental involvement plan. We would love to have you volunteer!
- Instruction begins at 7:45 and the tardy bell rings at 7:50. If you arrive past 7:50 please walk your child to the doors so you can sign them into the office.
- Please do not pass in the car rider line. This is not safe for our students or parents. Please make sure your child exits out of the passenger side so that they do not have to cross in front of cars.
- If you have any transportation changes, please make sure that you let Ms. Donna know by 2:30. This helps ensure that she has enough time to alert teachers of the change.
- Parents will be able to come eat lunch with their child at our outdoor picnic area.
- Your child may bring a water bottle to school and refill it our touch less water fountains.
Important Dates to Note
- November 15th-Progress Reports Home
- November 15th-Spelling Bee
- November 22nd-26th--Thanksgiving Break
- December 9th-Glisten Up Greenbrier!
- December 14th-PTO Meeting
- December 17th-End of 2nd 9 Weeks
- December 20th-January4th--Christmas Break
- January 4th-Teacher PD Day, No School
- January 5th-Start of Second Semester
- January 11th-PTO Meeting
- January 17th-No School/MLK Day
GHS Book Drive
RISE UP and PACK IT UP!
Celebrate Good Times!
Notes from Nurse Gina
A Peek at Last Week
Thank You, Veterans!
It is the week before Thanksgiving break and I want you all to know I am so thankful for each and everyone of your children. They bring so much joy and laughter to our school! I hope you all have a wonderful and restful holiday!
This week grades 3-5 will be coming to counseling with me! We are talking about how to love ourselves the way we are! Here are some great tips to help your child build their confidence.
Also, each week on the counseling part of our newsletter, Mrs. Page will be posting a Character Strong Family Challenge. She would love for your child to come tell her what your family discussed!
This is your challenge for this week: Take a walk around the neighborhood or at a local park. Be on the lookout for how people are feeling. Watch for facial expressions and body language. Talk through your observations about how they’re feeling with your child. See if they agree! Then, ask some questions like: What might that person want? What might that person need?
If you have any questions or need anything, please do not hesitate to contact her. firstname.lastname@example.org or 501-679-1029 ext 3.
RISE up Greenbrier!
RISE Newsletter for November
This website has great videos to help your child with all kinds of skills!
Character Strong at Home!
Lunch Times for 2021-2022
District Point of Contact
You can find information about our district COVID plans here.
Word of the Month
Subs are Needed!
Assistant Principal: Caroline Baker
Counselor: Cassie Page
Secretary: Donna Bradke