Kyle Klimbing Kompany
Are you ready for an adventure of a lifetime?
backpack, mountaineering boots, hiking boots, crampons, ice axe, alpine climbing harness, trekking poles, goggles, fleece jacket,fleece hat, fleece pants, sleeping bag, heavyweight socks, water bottles, headlamp, large duffle bag
(this is all the equipment for rent )
- The origin of the name Nanga Parbat (nuhng-guh puhr-buht) means "Naked Mountain" in Urdu
- Called Diamir by locals which means "king of mountains"
- The success rate is 77.7% but we'll make it 100% due to all of our safety precautions
- June, July, August and September are the best months to climb it
- The Rupal Face is the highest rock and ice wall in the world
- It is an isolated range and is surrounded by Indus and Astore rivers
- the three major faces are Diamir, Rakhiot, and Rupal
- In July 3, 1953 Australian climber Hermann Buhl was the first to reach the summit of Nanga Parbat, this was the first solo climb on a 8000 meter peak
- In 1984 French climber Lilliane Barrard was the first women to reach the summit of it
- The first attempt was in 1895 by Alfred Mummery's team but failed due to an avalanche
- Vince Anderson and Steve House climbed the central pillar of the Rupal face in only 5 days and 2 days to descend which is considered one of the bravest ascents ever