June 1, 2018
Need to Know Dates
- Monday - June 4 - Elementary Performance - Select Choir Students to Norfeldt, Morley & Whiting Lane - 8:45am to 12:15pm
- Monday, June 4 - 6th Dimension End of Year Party - 2:30 to 4pm
- Monday, June 4 - Jazz Band Alumni Concert @ Pond House - 7pm
- Tuesday, June 5 - KP3 Night, PTO Spring Picnic - 6 to 8pm
- Friday, June 8 - Algebra Finals 8th Grade - periods 1 & 2
KP3 Night @ KP
Student and Staff Kudos
CT Science Fair Winners
WeHa Library Film Contest Winter
Important 8th Grade End of Year Dates
- Tuesday, 6/12 - 8th Grade Awards Assembly (by invitation) - 7pm - KP Auditorium
- Friday, 6/15 - 8th Grade Dance - 7pm - KP large gymnasium
- Monday, 6/18 - 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony - 5:30pm - Hall HS gymnasium - Students are allotted 4 tickets to the promotion ceremony. Due to fire code regulations, we are unable to issue more than 4 tickets at this time. Please email Susanne_Torcasio@whps.org and your name will be added to the list in the event there will be any extra tickets based on people not attending.
- Tuesday, 6/19 - 8th Grade Trip to High Meadow - 8:15am to 2:45pm
National Association of School Psychologists joined with other health professionals to create an online toolkit regarding the second season of the Netflix series 13 Reasons Why, which is being released May
West Hartford Special Education PTO May 2018 Events
Celebrate! West Hartford
Our BIGGEST fundraiser of the year is our Refreshment Sale at Celebrate! And we can’t do it without your help!
West Hartford SEPTO (Special Education Parent Teacher Organization) is seeking volunteers to work in two-hour shifts to help sell water and soda at SEPTO’s booth at Celebrate! West Hartford, a two-day event held Saturday, June 9(10am -6pm) or Sunday, June 10 (12-6pm).
If you can’t give your time please consider a donation of money to purchase or buy cases of soda, iced tea, lemonade or water yourself. Please contact Randi Leopold at (860) 874-3533 or via email at Randileopold16@gmail.com to help. You can mail or drop off your donations to Randi Leopold, 54 Bainton Rd. West Hartford, CT 06117.
If you can’t give your time, please consider making a donation to defray our cost of purchasing the refreshments via PayPal. Thank you for your continued support!
There are several events/activities throughout the year. Please choose at least one to get involved.
"Public Act 16-189
We believe that it is vital for all students in West Hartford Public Schools to be able to efficiently and effectively use digital tools that empower them in all phases of the learning process, including research, problem solving, content creation, communication, and collaboration. We also believe that we must be committed at all times to protecting students' privacy and providing them with a powerful and safe educational experience. To that end, the West Hartford Public Schools follow the legal requirements of Public Act 16-189 to promote the safety and security of all students and staff.
In compliance with Connecticut State Law, we update online programs used within the district that house student data. The programs may be used district-wide, in a very small number of classrooms, or with individual students. The list will be updated each time the district enters into a new contract where student data is housed. For more information on the specifics of Public Act 16-189 and updates of vendor agreements, visit www.whps.org/pa189."