November 3, 2023
Don't Miss Your Chance to Win This Beautiful, Handmade Patriotic Afghan!
Mrs. Capozzi, our BHS Academic Tutor, crocheted this beautiful afghan for us to raffle off to one lucky winner. It is the perfect gift for a service person, policeman, or just anyone who like the gorgeous colors and cozy warmth! Tickets will be available in the main office through Veteran's Day!
Chances are $3.00 each/2 for $5.00/5 for $10.00, and all proceeds will go to support our armed forces.
- NO SCHOOL ON ELECTION DAY, Nov. 7th
- ELECTION DAY -- VOTE!
- Thursday, November 9 --Photo Makeups/Retake day (flyer at bottom of newsletter)
- November 10th -- Veteran's Day Celebration of our heroes
- November 1 - 15 Oronoque Pie Certificate Fundraiser (see below)
- November 13 - 17 -- National Kindness Week
- November 13 - 17 Nat'l School Psychology Week
- November 15 Wacky Wednesday -- Camouflage Day
- Friday, November 17, early dismissal
- November 20 -- Parent and child engagement night -- Astronomy Night!
- Tuesday, November 21, early dismissal
- Wednesday, November 22 -- Balloon Parade at 9:45
- Wednesday, November 22 -- early dismissal (no school Th. 11/23 & F 11/24)
- Wednesday, November 29 -- First Marking Period Ends
- December 5 - 7 -- Merry Market at BHS Sign up here for a time slot
- Wed. December 6 -- PTO Meeting
- Tuesday, December 12 -- Holiday Concerts (Grades K-2 @ 10 AM; 3 & 4 @2 PM)
- Friday, December 15 -- Report Cards distributed
- Saturday, Dec. 16 -- PTO Breakfast with Santa and Vendor Fair
- Friday, December 22, early dismissal for students and staff, followed by holiday recess December 25-29
- January 20th -- 7PM BHS PTO Hockey game (give the gift of an experience to loved ones)
- February 13 -- PTO event: Mozzarella Making! Molto Bene!
NEW!!! PTO PIE FUNDRAISER!!!
🥧 NEW!!! PTO PIE FUNDRAISER!!! 🥧
Tis the season … for PIES!!
The PTO is hosting a gift certificate fundraiser, featuring Oronoque Farms!
How it works? You purchase individual gift certificates for however many pies you would like, we distribute them, then you bring them to Oronoque to pick your pies!
The best part… the gift certificates do not expire!!!
Visit https://booth-hill-school-pto-shelton.square.site/product/oronoque-farms-pie-gift-cards/9?cs=true&cst=custom to purchase your pie certificates!
See the following notices under the Parent Information Board at the bottom of the newsletter
- November menus
- Photo Makeups/Retake Flyer (November 9)
- SHS Poinsettia Flyer
- Current academic year calendar
- Adding funds & notifications to your IC meal account
- Free/reduced lunch app
- Change in dismissal form
- Academic year calendar 2024-2025
PTO NEWS AND EVENTS: current items are in BOLD
- Toys for Tots drive
- December 5 - 7 -- Merry Market
- December 6 -- PTO Meeting
- December 16 -- Breakfast with Santa and Vendor Fair
- January 20 -- Hockey game fundraiser...give the gift of an experience to friends and family
- February 13 -- Mozzarella making
Thanks to everyone who made the Kid's Heart Challenge a success.
BHS students raised $17,657.08 to date! We enjoyed a school-wide Bingo challenge and had our sliming. A huge shout out to the Liam and Logan Cioffi, who each raised over $1,300 for the American Heart Association!
Veteran's Day Celebration -- Family members who are attending our Veteran's Day Celebration should park in the front of the building. We welcome you and your guest to enjoy some coffee and a bite in our staff dining room before and after the celebration. Thank you.
Kindergarten Registration -- As you may know, the state has determined that students turning 5 after September 1 of 2024 may not register for school UNLESS assessed and approved by the school principal. If you are considering K registration for 2024 - 2025, please refer to the SPSS website and follow the registration link.
Student and parent surveys -- BHS and the SPSS uses data from student and parent surveys to set goals for growth and parent/student/school relationships during the year. The parent survey is active. Please take the time to take the survey so that we can improve our service to you. The survey can be accessed until November 13, 2023 by clicking https://surveys.panoramaed.com/sheltonpublicschools/family/surveys, and parents are encouraged to take one for each child. Students will take their surveys in school. Thanks in advance for your help in obtaining this information.
Breakfast at BHS -- As previously reported by the Superintendent, students whose accounts are in the negative will no longer be allowed to purchase breakfast at school beginning on Monday. I will continue to send messages if your account is in the red. I am re-attaching the free and reduced lunch application to the newsletter in case anyone needs to apply.
Parent Engagement Night -- We are holding a parent engagement night on the evening of Monday, November 20th. It will be an astronomy night with a local astronomy club. It will run regardless of weather, with an alternate presentation in the case of clouds and rain/snow. We will also hold a Multicultural Parent Engagement Night after the new year that will focus on holidays around the world. Please contact your child's teacher if you would like to help bring some of your traditions to BHS.
Holiday Concert information -- The holiday concert will be presented in 2 shows on Tuesday, December 12th:
Parents of Students in Grades K, 1, and 2: 10:00 AM
Parents of Students in Grades 3 & 4: 2:PM
All grades will perform at both shows. Mr. Brentson will send out links to the song the students will perform soon. Please encourage your children to practice the songs a few times a week, since Mr. B is only with us Monday - Wednesday morning.
SHS Poinsettia Sale -- The SHS Band is holding their annual poinsettia sale. They offer several beautiful colors and sizes. The flyer is in the Parents Information Board below.
Veterans Day Songs: Please encourage your children to practice our Veterans Day program songs at home daily (watch out for the ads before the videos):
Balloon Parade: Our 2nd annual balloon parade will be held on Wednesday, November 22nd. Due to latex allergies in the building, each child will receive a MYLAR balloon to decorate. This balloon can be painted, drawn on with sharpie-type markers, added to by gluing craft items, etc. Students should bring the inflated and decorated balloon to school on Wednesday, November 22. Please do not attach or send in latex materials.
OLD NEWS: Link to last week's Bulldog Bulletin--October 27:https://www.smore.com/46aew
CONGRATULATIONS to this week's PBIS PAWS Bulldog Heroes!
The Ticket Winners for this week are:
(we pulled double tickets last week; stay tuned next week!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM BHS!!!
Savannah L. 11/6
Ava R. 11/8
Gianni F. 11/10
Oliwia S. 11/10
Daxton R. 11/10
Liam C. 11/11
Audriana M. 11/12
Reminder...peanut butter, Nutella, and related items are not allowed at BHS.
Please choose snack and lunch items that do not contain nuts for your children. Several of our students are allergic to nuts and could experience rashes, swollen lips and eyes, and/or anaphylaxis. Please check labels for any nuts and select other items, such as sun butter for school. Thanks!
BOOTH HILL SCHOOL
Location: 544 Booth Hill Road, Shelton, CT, USA
Phone: (203) 929-5625