Strategies for Implementing cStat™
The benefits of cStat™ begin after field data collection
This flyer illustrates some of the benefits of Collateral Status (cStat™) and provides examples of how cStat can be incorporated into a consultants current process for environmental due diligence.
The first core benefit of the cStat Environmental Site Inspection application is the usage options of the memo output.
- Documentation and QA/QC of a complete site reconnaissance by the site inspector.
- Assistance in the report writing process.
- A reference for the senior reviewer during the review process.
The second core benefit is the usage options of the Phase I Elements output.
- The automated output saves the time needed to fill in tables and produce text, while reducing transcription errors. This allows the consultant to simply cut and paste the pre-formatted information into their current report template or online report writing platform.
- The output can be utilized as a memo for those clients which require an update after the site reconnaissance.
- The output can be part inserted as part of Transaction Screen or an enhanced Record Search with Risk Assessment (RSRA).
Should a consultant request, the "tagged" items collected by cStat can be inserted directly into the template of the consultants saving additional time.
The third core benefit is the usage options of the cStat cloud platform.
- A project manager at the office can review the collected site reconnaissance information online immediately after it has been uploaded to the cloud.
- The collected site information can be shared with a client providing them more access to photographs than traditionally available in a report.
- All field data and images are automatically and securely uploaded to the cloud and retained if needed at a future date.
- Along with the memo output and the Phase I Elements output, photo pages can be created and outputted from the cStat website and cloud.
A couple of examples how the three core benefits of cStat can be easily incorporated into environmental due diligence workflow models.
For firms which only utilize in-house staff to conduct site visits and write the report, cStat provides a consistent process of collecting, outputting, and storing site reconnaissance information across the firm. The firm will additionally realize efficiencies and time-savings which will equate to increased profits per project.
Due to the inherent challenges posed by uneven geographical distribution of environmental due diligence projects, increased travel costs, and quick turnaround times, many firms utilize independent contractors. These firms generally fall into two workflow models.
- Firms that utilize a combination of in-house staff and independent contractors to conduct site visits and write the report.
- Firms that utilize in-house staff to conduct site visits and write the report and independent contractors to conduct just the site visit and in-house staff to write the report (collaborative writing).
Both of these workflow models will be greatly benefited by the memo output. Many firms currently receive a completed report and unsorted photos from the independent contractor upon completion of the assignment. However, by having the independent contractor utilize cStat, the firm will receive detailed site information which is critical for QA/QC and senior review regardless if a collaborative writing workflow model is used.
If a collaborative writing workflow model is used, the cStat memo output replaces the traditional filled out paper checklist which needs to be scanned and emailed. With cStat, the in-house project manager can receive the site reconnaissance information within minutes of the completion of the site reconnaissance, saving hours or possibly days on the turnaround time of the report. In addition, the in-house project manager can receive the Phase I Elements output from the field person saving additional time on the report writing.
A refresher on the cStat Environmental Site Inspection application detailing the outputs discussed above in the flyer.
Contact us to get started with cStat
cStat was designed and is supported by experienced Environmental Professionals with decades of experience conducting national environmental due diligence. Please contact Kurt Winters to receive information regarding the downloading of the free cStat app and establishing your account.
Currently we are extending a free trial period for you to try cStat, allowing you to see how it can be implemented into your current due diligence process to provide you the maximum benefit.