Mrs. Ray's Pre-K Weekly Newsletter
Week 3: September 14 - 18
Thank you so much for helping us learn about the Letter C and the Color Yellow this week! These little connections between home and school are a HUGE impact in your little's learning!
We will be talking about Ways to Get Around this next week as an extension to our Community Helpers unit. On WEDNESDAY we will sort their favorite way to get around (ie: car, truck, plane, bicycle, bus, etc.). Please send with your child either a toy version or picture of their favorite form of transportation (doesn't have to necessarily be their daily transportation...just their favorite). These items WILL be sent back home at the end of the week.
Dip N' Dots
Cookie N' Cream
Chocolate & Vanilla
Red Berry Sherbet
Community Helper Learning
All of Pre-K learning about different community helpers!
Central Elementary's very own Officer Chandler shared with us all about his job of protect us and shared all his cool Police Tools!
I loved seeing all these smiling faces in yellow! We sang songs about yellow, colored with yellow, and went on a yellow hunt!
This Week's Focus!
Our Theme: Transportation
- We will learn about different forms of Transportation & discuss how our Community Helpers use different ways to get around.
- We will learn to recognize, write, and sound the letter Cc.
- We will continue to learn about "MAT MAN" which will help us have a better understanding about our body part placement, for drawing a person, and is the beginning step to writing letters
- We will chant, sing, and understand the Nursery Rhyme: Row, Row, Row Your Boat
- We will continue to work with AB Pattern.
- We will identify objects that are the shape CIRCLE.
- We will learn about the color YELLOW - sing, name, find!