April Edition (Volume 128, Issue 9)
Following are some updates for our parents. Look for the May newsletter to include some exciting and updated information on what next year will look like!
- Open House Night (scheduled for April 15) has been cancelled. Look for all these events to return in some format during the upcoming school year.
- Spring Break: Students will be on vacation from Friday, April 2 through Friday, April 9. First day back from Spring Break will be Monday, April 12.
- 8th Grade Graduation: We are planning on returning to our regular scheduled 8th grade graduation format to be held on Wednesday, June 2nd. We will be using the Crosspointe Community Church's facilities. Each 8th grade student will be receiving tickets (we anticipate about 4 per student) for family members to attend in person. The graduation will also be livestreamed so that other family members can watch online and in real time.
- Last Day of School: Hard to believe the last day of school is just around the corner. Because of our snow day earlier in the year, our last day of school will be on Friday, June 4th. The last three days of school (June 2, 3, 4) will be minimum days.
Spirit Week (March 29 - April 1)
Our student leadership group have organized a fun spirit week for the students with dress-up days scheduled as follows. All students are encouraged to participate!
Monday: Career Day (Superhero, First Responder, Sports, etc.)
Tuesday: Throwback Day (Cafeman Times, 2000's, etc.)
Wednesday: Wacky Wednesday (Backwards Clothing, Mismatching Socks, Messed up Hair, etc.)
Thursday: Spirit Day (Wear black/gold to show school colors)
Key Dates in April
Spirit Week: 3/29 - 4/1
Spring Break: Friday, 4/1 - Friday, 4/9
School Resumes after Spring Break: Monday, 4/12.
Minimum Days: 4/14, 4/21, 4/28
School Board Meeting, Tuesday, 4/20 @ 6:00 pm
Virtual Talent Show
Accepting enrollment for 2021/2022 School Year
We are now taking names of students whose parents would like them at NCC for the upcoming 21/22 school year that begins in August.
Please help us spread the word about our school and encourage your neighbors and friends to check us out. We are always open to giving interested parents tours. A wait list has been established for the upcoming school year.
2021/2022 School Year Calendar
Board Meeting Information (Board Meetings now begin at 6:00 pm)
Business conducted during the last Board Meeting:
- Approval of contract for financial audit services.
- Approval of the 2nd Interim budget report for the current year.
- LCAP workshop to review and recommend school goals for the 21/22 school year.
Business to be conducted at the upcoming Board Meeting (February 23 @ 6:00 pm at NCC):
- Superintendent Evaluation (Closed Session)
- 21/22 Budget Update and stimulus funding plan
- Board Policy review and updates (1st reading)
Resources for Parents
Parents with students in grades 4-8 may use the link above to access the student information portal. Not much to see just yet. However, it would be great if parents can make sure their login works.