High Blood Pressure
By yours truly Ben Stubbe
What is High Blood Pressure?
Blood Pressure is the force of blood pushing against the walls of the arteries, as the heart pumps blood. High blood pressure, sometimes called hypotension, happens when this force is too high. Health care workers check blood pressure readings the same way for all ages. It can lead to stories and blood clots. This is related to me because all of my grandparents have it. It's important to understand because all my grandparents have it and I'd like to prevent it.
How it's related to me
This is related to me because all of my grandparents have it. It's important to understand because all my grandparents have it and I'd like to prevent it. I also don't want to check my blood pressure after every meal like my grandparents, I see them do that very often.
- It can make your heart work harder
- It can make your arteries hard
- Can cause kidney disease
- It can start to lead to heart failure
Offten has no symptoms but can cause heart disease and stroke.
- Eating healthier
- Eat less salt
- Exercise more
Facts and Statistics
- About 29% of adults have high blood pressure
- About half of people with high blood pressure have it under control
- About 3 million cases every year
- You have high blood pressure when your blood pressure is over 140
- Major risk for a heart attack
- There are higher rates of high blood pressure in men then women
- About 62,000 deaths a year are caused by bad blood pressure
- About 16 million people in the UK have it
- It can last for years or a lifetime
- It's treatable by medical professionals
The Diet You Should Have
You should have a healthier diet with less salt