Catawba River Basin
By: Abby Ellington and Jarrett Hodges
Where is the River Basin located?
Facts about the River Basin
Originally home of the Catawba Indian Tribe
2. 11 Major lakes fill the basin
3. 14 dams are inside the basin
4. River Basin is used for power production, industry, agriculture, drinking water, and recreation
5. The Congaree National Park can be found in this river basin
1. Sedimentation- coming from run off from construction
2. storm water not getting water quality to certified requirements to drink
- Too little dissolved oxygen
- Too acidic
As the water is being extracted from the lake/river they could add some oxygen to the water.