20 Facts On Greece
By Tyler Stone
- The Capital of greece is Athens.
- Greeces flag was adopted on December 22, 1978.
- The Mortality Rate for baby's are 5 for every 1,000 births.
- The life expectancy is 77 years for males, and 83 years for females.
- They have a population of 10,760,136 and is ranked 77th in the world.
- The highest point in Greece is Mount Olympus which is 9,570 feet or 2917 meters.
- Greece has 50,949 square miles.
- Greece is split into two regions.
- One is a lot of mountains the other is several islands.
- The Main Islands are called the semiarid Cyclades.
- 98% of Greece is Eastern Orthodox Church.
- 1% are Muslim.
- They see themselves as hardworking, individualistic, and brave.
- Greece is usually controlled by men.
- Greece wears clothing from Europe.
- They had the first olympics in Greece.
- They Celebrate independence day on march 25th.
- It is a parliamentary Republic.
- President is Karolos Papoulias.
- You have to be 18 to vote.