This week we practice reciting our speeches. Though the speeches do not need to be entirely memorized, knowing the speech inside and out, helps with the overall effect. Notecards are fine, but practicing each day is the best way to prepare.
Speeches should be 1-3 minutes.
Students received scoring guidelines for all components of the project.
Posters are completed at home. See guidelines below.
· Must use the paper provided
· All information must be able to be read from 3 feet away
· Name of Topic
· Student’s name
· 5+ images
· Captions for each image
· A chronological list of 5+ highlights, accomplishments, important life events etc. (See Timeline)
· 1 quote
· Correct grammar and spelling
- Poster: Monday, Dec. 7
- Practice speech for our class only (no costume): Girls on Dec. 7 Boys on Dec. 8
- Dress Rehearsal for third grade classes and fellow 4th grade classes: Dec. 9
- Evening performance for our class: Dec. 9 (Students arrive at 5:45. No parents in auditorium until the Wax Museum opens at 6:00 p.m.) Extended family is welcome.
The performance is 30 minutes.
I am looking forward to the BIG day! :)