Just the Facts...October 9, 2019
What Starts Here Changes The World...
- Introduce our (Award Winning) Student Leaders.
- Highlight our Red and Black Superstars.
- Celebrate our Citizens of Character that demonstrated GRIT these first 9 weeks.
Congratulations to all of our LONGHORNS.
Please remember that school will not be in session this Friday (11th) and the upcoming Monday (14th). We do hope to see you for your conference this Friday. It's important for you to plan for the following:
- Conference schedules are back to back throughout the day. Please plan to arrive and depart on time in order to respect everyone's time.
- You will not need to sign in upon arrival. Please plan to head directly to your child's classroom.
I hope you all have a wonderful long weekend!
Red Ribbon Week is coming:
News you can use...
Do you have markers that don’t work? Send them to the Lakeside Art Room for recycling. When we get 8 pounds, we can send them to Crayola and they will make them into new markers!!!
Thank you Lakeside PTO Green Team ~ What starts here changes the world!
21 Day Challenge
Thanks to all the Lakeside Families who signed up in Medical City, Children’s Hospital, Kids Teaching Kids 21 Day Challenge, which runs until Oct. 27th. Make sure you Tweet a picture of your child’s healthy snack @LakesidePE.
Every year St. Ann’s Catholic Church in Coppell provides Thanksgiving baskets with supplies to cook a turkey dinner to those in need. If you could benefit from this assistance, please click HERE and fill out the Google form as accurately as possible. Please fill out this form no later than October 16, 2019.
By completing this form you understand this information will be shared with St. Ann’s Catholic Church for distribution of your basket. Thank you!
Each year, several local organizations distribute toys to families needing a little extra assistance during the holidays. If you can benefit from holiday assistance, please read about Make A Child Smile. The due date for participation in this program is October 27, 2019.
Friday Night Lights
Upcoming Dates - Year at a Glance:
*some dates are subject to change*
10) End of the 1st nine weeks & our 1st Spirit Rally of the year.
11) No school - Elementary conference day
- Signing in will not be required but please be sure you know what class you are going to.
14) No school
16) Allaso parent meeting (5th grade parents only)
17) Dad's Club Lunch, Third grade program (6pm)
18) We will have a safety drill today
23-30) Red Ribbon Week
- 23) Dress like a past decade
- 24) Pajama Day
- 25) Team Jersey
- 28) Red Ribbon Walk! Wear Red!
- 29) Crazy Hair & Socks
- 20) Wear Neon
31) 2nd grade Field Trip
4-6) 5th grade will go to Allaso Ranch -
- Safety patrol will not be on duty so please let your PK-4th grader know that they will need to exit their cars on their own.
5) VOTING will take place at Lakeside - please plan accordingly
6) Kindergarten Field Trip
7) 4th grade program (6pm)
13) Dad's Club Lunch
15) Dad's Club Campout
18-22) Book Fair Week
25-29) Thanksgiving week - No school
19) Class Parties and 5th grade program (6pm)
20) End of the Second nine weeks, Spirit Rally, EARLY RELEASE DAY