West Texas Deaf Olympics
West Texas Deaf Olympics
Friday, May 2nd 2014 at 8am
4300 Coliseum Dr
San Angelo, TX
LAKEVIEW STADIUM (next door to Foster Communications Coliseum)
T-Shirt Art Design Competition Reminder
Reminder: T-shirt art design entries must be received by Friday, March 7th. Only originals will be accepted. The winning design will receive $50 at the WTDO closing ceremonies on Friday, May 2, 2014. Please see below for official rules.
Pictured: Last year's winners from San Angelo and Abilene.
West Texas Deaf Olympics 2014 T-shirt ART contest
1. Art work must be student generated.
2. Art Work must reflect the purpose of the event: sports, health, Deafness, fellowship.
3. Art work must include "West Texas Deaf Olympics 2014" somewhere on the drawing.
4. Drawings MUST be done in black ink, and MUST be on 8 1/2 x11" paper.
5. Students are allowed to submit more than one drawing.
6. ONLY Original drawings accepted. No faxed or emailed copies.
7. A $50 first prize, and $25 second prize will be given to the winners at the closing ceremony on May 2nd. Winners must be in attendance.
8. Art work competition is open to WTDO competitors only (not volunteers, sorry!).
DEADLINE: FRIDAY, MARCH 7th
Include the following information on the BACK of your drawing (in pencil):
Full name, School name and teacher's name, Your age
Submit work to:
SAISD Special Programs
Attn: Brenda Wellen
309 W. Ave M
San Angelo, Texas 76903
It takes the help of over 100 volunteers to make this event happen. It's true. If you are willing to help with an event on the field, work with groups of students, or interpret, you will be welcomed. Deadline for volunteer sign up is Tuesday, April 1st. Please follow this link http://www.saisd.org/Inside%20SAISD/VIPS.asp to sign up.
VOLUNTEER: A person who plans to help in any capacity with ALL students.
If you plan to escort your child, or travel with school group to watch your child compete you are NOT labeled a "volunteer."
Want to be an interpreter at the event, work on the field, escort student groups, but don't know if you need to sign up as a VIP?
Answer these questions:
Am I currently enrolled as a student in school at San Angelo ISD?
Am I an employee of San Angelo ISD?
Am I an employee of an ISD acting as a sponsor for a group of students?
Will I be traveling with a group only to watch my child compete?
If you plan to help, and you answered "NO" to all of the questions, please go to the VIPS link above, and complete the form. It only takes a few minutes!