Second Grade Newsletter
Mrs. Barita, Ms. Cromis, Mrs. Carrasco
- Monday: No School, Read 10 minutes
- Tuesday: Read 10 minutes, Spelling Words- Rainbow Style-use 3 colors
- Wednesday: Read 10 minutes, Spelling Words- ABC order
- Thursday: Read 10 minutes, Spelling Words-Write each word 3 times-test tomorrow
- Weekend: Read 10 minutes each night
Spelling lifework will be assigned every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Spelling tests are given on Fridays. We will provide the word lists in advance because we know our families are busy and may want to get started on lifework assignments early. Students will also record the word lists in their agendas each week. The lifework assignments will follow the same rotation most weeks. Please have your student complete spelling lifework in their lifework journal. We will give the students many reminders to bring their journals home.
Spelling Words-test on September 11th
The first few weeks will be a review of vowel sounds and sight words.
Back to School Night
Tuesday, Sep. 29th, 7pm
9305 Stonewall Road
Encore Rotation Day 1-6
Barita: Library, Music, PE, Art, PLTW, PE
Carrasco: Music, PE, Art, PLTW, PE, Library
Cromis: PE, Art, PLTW, PE, Library, Music
*NEW for 1st-2nd graders this year is Project Lead the Way (PLTW). This class will focus on STEM activities.
Mrs. Cromis 11:00-11:30
Mrs. Carrasco 11:03-11:33
Mrs. Barita 11:06-11:36