Tiger Choir Chronicles
Travis Tiger Choir Weekly Updates
November 6 - November 10
News for Everyone
- Students must be academically eligible. If they passed their classes on the 1st 9 Weeks Report Card, they are academically eligible and able to perform. If students did not pass, they needed to pass all classes on the 3 week Progress Check.
- Students must have no discipline referrals this semester. Referrals for tardies are exempt.
Students who do not meet the above criteria will have a scheduled make-up date to perform their music and earn a grade.
In order to attend, students must meet the following criteria:
- Student is currently enrolled as a THS Choir Member
- Student has not had any behavior referrals this semester (tardy referrals are exempt)
- Student has turned in all necessary forms and paperwork from the beginning of the year
- Student has fully paid the THS Choir Fee
If your child is planning to attend, all money and permission forms MUST be turned in by NOVEMBER 15th. Unfortunately, I will not be able to accept any additional seats or provide refunds after this date.
Please fill out the permission form below for your child and be sure to mark how many tickets you will need. We are only able to accept cash or check for this event. Please be sure to send the money to school promptly after completing the form to confirm seat reservations.
Itinerary for December 7th
Arrive at school for pre-show meeting: 5:20 pm
Bus departs at 5:45 pm
Show time: 7:30 pm
Return to campus between 10:30-11 pm
Fall Fundraiser Update
Some of the incentives students were given (and some achieved) include:
- For every $250, students will get a throw to pie Mr. Miner in the face at a TBD date
- If a student brings in $500, they will get a free ticket to the "Cinderella" field trip
- $2,500 (ACHIEVED!): Donut Party
- $4,000 (ACHIEVED!): Breakfast Taco Party this week!
- $5,000 (ACHIEVED!): No Schoology Assignment for 1 Week
- $10,000 (ACHIEVED!): Mr. Miner teaches a day with crazy colored hair
- $15,000: Free Friday in Choir (Or class decided prize)
Fall Festival Wrap-Up
THANK YOU to our generous Tiger Choir Sponsors!
Support THS Tiger Choir
- Help by purchasing needed items from our Amazon Wishlist posted on the choir website . Each of the items on the list will help us stay organized and support students in their choir success while allowing us to use the budget funds to purchase large items, music, and other supplies.
- Become a Choir Sponsor! If you or your business would be interested in becoming a choir sponsor, please email Mr. Miner for more information and how to donate! Our various donation levels are available to view here. No gift is too large or too small and goes directly to supporting the students of the THS Tiger Choir program!
What Did We Do Last Week?
Upcoming Schoology Assignments
Schoology lessons over the next 9 weeks will focus on music literacy and teaching students how to read music and identify note names on the different clefs. Each week will cover a specific set of notes beginning with the treble clef lines.
- Week 4: Bass Clef Lines
Events this Week
- Tuesday, November 7: Pre-Area Mock Auditions (for those students auditioning only)
- Friday, November 10: No school
- Tuesday, November 14: Pre-Area Auditions at Clements High School
- Wednesday, November 15: Cinderella ticket money due
- Thursday, November 16: Men's Fest
If you don't use Google Calendar, check out the choir website often where events are regularly posted and updated.
Graduation for Travis has been announced to take place on Thursday, May 23rd at 7:30 pm at the new Fort Bend Epicenter. This is a required performance for all Chorale students so please be sure to mark your calendars now. Transportation will be provided for students.