Weekly Newsletter - January 20, 2022
celebrating 27 years of excellence in catholic education
Theme for the Year
Our Mission and Vision Statements
St. Joseph Catholic School provides students with a nurturing and prayerful learning environment committed to academic excellence, training missionary disciples to seek virtue, wisdom, and truth, in partnership with a community of active and faithful families.
Catholic schools in the Diocese of Fort Worth are committed to opening the doors so that our students can reach further than the walls that would otherwise enclose them and therefore are able to recognize and cherish the eternal and transcendental goods of Truth, Beauty, and Goodness.
Teaching the Mind...Nourishing the Soul
from the principal
Thank you to everyone who came out to see the art show last night and then attended our January Home and School Association Meeting. Your support means the world to the students and to those volunteers who are working hard for all of the families of SJCS. The more volunteer support we have, the more active our families are, the more we can accomplish at our school...it is a simple as that. And we cannot thank you enough for your time, talent, and treasure. Know that all you do for this school to further Catholic education, in turn empowers the faith of the community, strengthens our parishes, and develops servant leaders for a compassionate world. Not a small feat, but by working together and with the virtue of Fortitude to embolden us, we can accomplish great things for our community.
Diane Price, M.Ed.L.
January Bible verse on Charity
saintly quote about charity to ponder with your family
"Help one another with the generosity of the Lord, and despise no one. When you have the opportunity to do good, do not let it go by." -- St. Polycarp of Smyrna
Virtue for the Month
Here are the Greek and Latin Roots we are studying for the week:
-oid (resembling, like, shaped like / form)
sopho-, soph-, -sophy (wise / knowledge, wisdom)
Reminders and Upcoming Events
- WE ARE STILL ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR NEW STUDENTS FOR THE 2021-2022 School Year! Please direct your family and friends to the school website, or have them call the school office for more details.
- It is COLD out there! Be sure your children are coming to school wearing warm layers.
- If you are an Amazon customer, please use Amazon Smile! We receive a donation from Amazon when you shop. Go to smile.amazon.com to participate. It is a very easy way to support the school! Thank you!
- If you know a St. Joseph Catholic School alumni, please let them know we are looking to stay in contact, and would love to hear how they are doing. See the notice in our alumni section of below.
catholic schools week 2022 schedule
January 30th through February 5th
Catholic schools week open house
Monthly Fellowship Opportunity
Next Event - February 2nd
save the date
...for a Totally awesome annual gala!
Be watching your mailboxes for more information to come!
iGive Catholic Campaign Results
We are open to suggestions if there is another statue out there that you feel we should explore. Again, thank you for your generosity!
Quest for Excellence - Annual Fund
Our goal - $100,000
1. to help us provide tuition assistance to families who need the extra support
2. to help complete the safety fencing around the playground area
3. to help enhance the beauty of our campus through the installation of statuary and icons
Home and School Association
HSA Spirit Nights
Service Hour Opportunities
- Donating water bottles.
- Donating food during NJHS Food Collections at Mass.
- If you are able to provide a case of water to the school, you will earn 1 service hour per case.
- We are always in need of Lysol spray.
- We are always in need of Clorox wipes.
- Liquid hand soap
- Disposable gloves
- STREAM Enrichment supplies (listed below)
Every $10 you spend will earn 1 service hour. Thank you! We truly need the help.
8th grade garage sale
save the date
new collection dates
Monday Morning Prayer Service Zoom Invite
Diane Price is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Monday Morning Prayer Service
Time: 08:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
Every week on Mon, until May 23, 2022, 40 occurrence(s)
Join by clicking here - https://esc11.zoom.us/j/88516285709
Meeting ID: 885 1628 5709
Knights in Action!
Monday Morning Prayer Service
NJHS Giving Back
20th annual SJCS Student Art Exhibit - "Angels"
Meet the Artist Night
This week in art
Artworks created by SJCS students in Art this week:
2nd Grade: Tree of Life drawings inspired by Gustav Klimt’s Stoclet frieze
1st Grade: Cat Drawings - Realistic or Stylized interpretations
5th Grade: Animal Skull Drawings inspired by Georgia O’Keeffe’s paintings
6th Grade: “Time for Art” - Interpretative drawings about time, clocks, hourglasses, etc. inspired by Surrealist artist Salvador Dali’s “The Persistence of Memory”
Thank you, Knights! These are very creative!
P.E. THis Week
And many laughs were had by student groups being challenged to construct the tallest snowman using only paper, glue, and tape! It has been quite the winter wonderland in STREAM. Nice work, Knights!
Current STREAM Wish List
Bags of Potting Soil
- Scotch tape
- Popsicle sticks
- Hula Hoops
THANK YOU from the STREAM TEAM!!!
Mrs. Michelle Doskocil and Mrs. Shannon Lopez
Our RoboKnights are preparing for competition! There are still many "kinks" to work out with the robot as well as time needed to refine the presentation portion of the competition. It takes a team to make all of this happen, successfully. Keep up the good work, RoboKnights! You are well on your way.
What's growing in the greenhouse?
SJCS Alumni News
COVID-19 Daily Home Screening for Students
Parents: Please be sure to complete this short screening each morning. If any of these symptoms are present, please stay home and contact the school and your doctor. Please contact the school if your child is sick or has been exposed to a positive COVID-19 individual. We will guide you on what next steps to take regarding your return date to campus.
Important - Keep your children home while waiting for COVID-19 test results of anyone that could be a close contact individual for them.
SECTION 1: Symptoms from the CDC website
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. Anyone can have mild to severe symptoms. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
This list does not include all possible symptoms. CDC will continue to update this list as we learn more about COVID-19. Older adults and people who have severe underlying medical conditions like heart or lung disease or diabetes seem to be at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19 illness.
SECTION 2: Close Contact/Potential Exposure
1. Had close contact (for schools, less than 3 feet of someone for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period) with a person with confirmed COVID-19.
St. Joseph Parish News
Meet our parish priests!
Weekly Mass Opportunity
Sacramental Prep for 2nd Graders
Classes start in October for St. Joseph Parishioners.
Welcome to Fr. Peter!
- The parish has a new parochial vicar! His name is Fr. Peter Wiafe-Akenteng. Welcome, Fr. Peter! We look forward to meeting you.
- Parish website link: https://stjoe88.org/
- Please join the parish for daily and weekend Masses at this link: https://youtu.be/LxIRBSew1yI
- Please continue tithing to your parish. St. Joseph Parishioners may go to this link to give: https://stjoe88.org/giving
- Be sure to look into FORMED.org. The parish has paid for your subscription to this vast library of inspiring videos and essential reads to help grow your faith. Just go straight to the "Enter Code" button and enter 4BDX9H to begin the process. You may also access this through the parish website link below. Enjoy!
Join Bishop Olson for mass
Catholic Diocese of Fort Worth link:
ST. JOSEPH, PROTECTOR OF FAMILIES, PRAY FOR US.