Dixie Dragon News
Inspire Excellence in Education [December 14, 2015]
As we end one semester, take time to talk with your students and listen to their reflections. What's working well in your class? What needs to stop? What needs to change?Here are some great reflective questions for students and teachers:
- In what ways do you think you need to improve?
- What problems did you encounter while you were trying to reach your goals?
- What was successful? Why?
- What would you like to change? What's your first step?
- What things you might want more help with?
- What do we want to accomplish next time? new goals?
This and That
- New webpage: TISD is launching the webpage on December 14. We need 100% of staff to complete staff page by the deadline. If you miss the training, please make sure you set up make-up time with Ms. Young.
- 3rd-5th Grade: Please remember to update and turn in your "Data Talk" form with new benchmark data by 12/18/15.
- Please be mindful as you show videos in the classroom. With the exceptions of recess time, all video watching during instructional time should be linked directly to our curriculum and has a clear purpose.
- Click HERE to see staff Christmas party pictures
NO PLC this week
Specials Rotation: Week D
12/14/15: New Teacher Learning Circle 3:30 pm
12/15/15: Boys II Men Christmas Party 3:30pm
12/16/15: Girls Club Christmas Party 3:30 pm
12/18/15: Winter Sing Along 1:30pm / Grinch Reading Challenge Celebration
12/21-1/1/16: Winter Break
1/5/16: District Grade Level Chair Meeting / Staff Meeting 3:45
1/7/16: Baby Shower for Ms. Gill