Robert L. Crippen "Friday" Bulletin
Teaching our students to think...
"I can't make you a CHAMPION, but I can teach you to THINK like one." --Jim Fannin
Showcase on 2nd Grade
All classes spruced up the courtyard.
Ms. Johnston Helps Her Class Plant
Students helped their teacher prune, dig, plant, and mulch.
Earth Day 2015
Students can observe and document the growth process.
Events for the Week
- Tuesday, 4/28--Gretchen Childs Grades K-2--Bring your DRA/Istation data and meet in the conference room. 2nd Grade—7:45-10:00 (Subs will start in your room and rotate) Kindergarten—10:05-12:05 (you may eat after the training whiles subs cover your room) 1st Grade—12:35-2:35
- Tuesday, 4/28--Dual Language Team Meeting--In Ms. Gonzalez's Room 3 PM
- Wednesday, 4/29--Gretchen Childs Grade 3-5--Bring your Comprehension Connections Book and Notepad and meet in the conference room. 5th Grade—8:00-10:00 (Subs will start in your room and then will rotate) 4th Grade—10:05-12:05 3rd Grade—12:35-2:35
- Thursday, 4/30 1st Grade Musical at 9 AM and 6 PM
- Thursday, 4/30 FIELD Day for Grades 3, 4, and 5--grade level teachers supervise and rotate outside with students. See flyer in your box for times. Wear jeans and appropriate dress.
- Friday, 5/1 FIELD Day for Grades K, 1, and 2--grade level teachers supervise and rotate outside with students. See flyer in your box for times. Wear jeans and appropriate dress.
- Friday, 5/1 3rd Grade Field Trip to Sam Houston Folk Festival in Huntsville, TX
- Friday, 5/1 District Scrabble Tournament for GT 4th and 5th Graders at NCISD Annex--Good luck! Make Crippen Proud! Thank you Ms. Nancy Smith--club sponsor
INFORMATION FROM THE DISTRICT/CRIPPEN
- Book Fair all week--no open check out
- PK/K Round Up by Jennnifer Galan's Office on Tuesday 11-7 and Wednesday 9-5
- Learning Walks begin Monday (4/27)-2 Questions--> What are you learning? Why?
- DRA EOY Due May 22 for all classes in both languages for Grades K, 1, & 2
- PDAS Teacher Self Reports Section 2 and 3 due May 1st
- Teachers ***SAVE THE DATE**--Monday, August 10th and Tuesday, August 11th 8:30-3 PM Campus Planning and No Excuses University Book Study You will receive an exchange day for one day and $18 an hour the next day. Olive Garden and Jason's Deli will also be provided plus lots of door prizes.