By: Mallory & Savannah
Six steps of the Naturalization Process:
1. signing a statement saying you want to become a US citizen
2. live in the US for 5 years
3. interview to see in they meet necessary requirements
4. take a citizenship exam
5. pledges an oath of allegiance
6. sign a documents and is declared a citizen
The loss of Citizenship:
Denaturalization: the loss of citizenship through fraud or deception during the naturalization process.
Expatriation: giving up one’s citizenship by leaving one’s native county to live in a foreign county.
Punishment for a crime: when convicted of certain federal crime you may lose citizenship.
Aliens that were refused permission to immigrate or just didn’t even apply but live here anyway.
What is a legal Alien and what can they do?
A legal alien has permission to be a US resident. They live lives much like Americans, they hold jobs, own property, attend schools, receive government services and pay taxes.