EMK January Newsletter
Alone we are unique. Together we are a masterpiece
The following newsletter shares information about the experiences that have occurred recently in school. It is great to have students back after the New Year and kick off 2023. Students have been dedicated to setting new goals for the year with the support of our teachers.
Within this newsletter is a reminder about the mid year communication survey. Please take the time to complete this short survey. We are looking to gather feedback on communication from the school and how to best support our families moving forward.
Ms. Foulks and Mr. Tozzi
New Year Goals and Celebration!
2nd Grade Students Walk with Kindness
2nd grade students decorated and designed shoes to support kindness around EMK.
FUN in STEM Class!
It's winter at EMK! In STEM class, 1st graders used attachment techniques - flanges and
notches - to build evergreen trees.
Kindergarteners learned the math and science of snowflakes and created their own with pattern blocks!
Keeping Students Active During the Winter Months
Outdoor winter activities
- Go for a walk or a jog.
- Make a snowman, snow fort or snow maze on snowy days. Lie in the snow to make snow angels. Throw snowballs. Go sledding.
- Try a winter sport, like skiing, skating or snowshoeing.
- Go to a playground, play tag or kick a soccer ball if the ground is dry. If it’s warm enough for bare hands, shoot baskets
Around the house
- Put on music and dance. Try using glow sticks to make it extra fun!
- Set up an obstacle course or jumping area with cushions and pillows for a young child.
- Engage in active play with toys your child enjoys, moving with toy cars and trucks around the house, or pushing a baby doll in a play stroller.