Monday Morning Memo
October 24, 2022
Newsletter at a Glance
- Halloween Parade and Information
- Trunk or Treat
- School Advisory Board
- All Saint's Day Mass
- Winter Uniform
- CYO Basketball Registration
- 2023-2024 Financial Aid Now Open
- Pizza Volunteer Opportunity
- Gala Information
- Upcoming Dates
Halloween Parties and Parade
Parade: St. Mary of the Assumption will be hosting an outdoor Halloween parade around the school for grades PK-3rd from 2:00-2:20 p.m. Virtus-certified family members and friends are invited to attend the parade but must pre-register by Thursday October 27th. In the event of rain, there will be a parade in the gym. Each class will have a Halloween party prior to the parade. Only room parents may attend the class parties.
Costumes: All grades may come to school wearing a costume that day.
- School rules regarding dress code must be followed.
- Hats & hoods may be worn as part of costume, as long as they do not obstruct the face. No masks are permitted.
- ALL costume preparations are to be completed at home. Facepaint/makeup, temporary hair color, etc. is allowed as long as it is applied prior to coming to school and can be fully removed prior to the next school day.
- No props of any kind.
- Costumes should not inhibit normal movement (sitting at a desk, walking at a normal pace, etc.)
- Costumes should not be excessively gory or scary. Keep in mind that these costumes will be viewed by Pre-K children and plan appropriately.
- Students or parents who have questions about the acceptability of their costume should check with their homeroom teacher/Mrs. Ruckstuhl prior to wearing the costume to school.
- Students wearing inappropriate costumes will need to call home to have a change of clothes brought up to them.
Trunk or Treat
Date: October 28, 2022
Time : 6:00-8:00 PM
• Calling all Spooky Cars! If you are interested in decorating your car, please sign-up at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d49ada82daaf49-trunk
• This year we will have a contest for the best decorated car. Top 3 decorated cars will win spooky prizes.
There is still time to donate candy for our Trunk or Treat this Friday. Please give it to your child's teacher or the before care staff. Thank you for your continued support.
School Advisory Board Positions Open
The St. Mary of the Assumption School Advisory Board is looking for candidates interested in joining the council. The purpose of the Board is to provide advice and assistance to the Pastor of St. Mary of the Assumption Parish and the Principal of St. Mary of the Assumption School in the governance of the School. The Board fulfills its purpose and exercises its functions in accord with the mission and goals of the parish and with the goals, policies, and regulations of the Archdiocese of Washington.
Members must commit to attending monthly meetings (no children may be present during the meeting) and uphold strict confidentiality regarding all matters discussed. To apply, please click here: https://forms.gle/kxVvEmebke8VeM9N9
All Saint's Day Mass
Winter Uniform Begins Tuesday November 1st
All students must be in winter uniform starting next week.
2023-2024 Financial Aid Now Open
Log into TADS to complete your financial aid application for next school year the deadline is December 2, 2022!!
Please contact Madelin Fox with tuition assistance questions (English or Spanish) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pizza Lunch Help- Service Hours Opportunity!
We are looking for help on Tuesdays with pizza lunch! You must be Virtus certified to assist.
Please sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0A4AACA728A0FF2-tuesday
Questions? Email Mrs. Ruckstuhl email@example.com.
October 27th: End of the First Quarter
October 28th: No School
October 31st: 2:00 p.m. Halloween Parade (only Virtus certified parents may be in attendance)
November 1st: 10:00 a.m. All Saint's Day Mass at School; students should wear winter uniform
November 4th: No Mass
November 9th: HSA Meeting
November 11th: No School; Parent Teacher Conferences
November 18th: First Quarter Honor Roll Ceremony
November 23rd: Grandparent's Day Mass; Half Day
November 24th-28th: No School