Mrs. Fobbe's Class
Reading and Writing
- Vocabulary words: promise, loyalty, fairness
- Comprehension strategy: conclusions, Review Retelling
In reading, we are practicing making conclusions by taking the information we already know plus the information from the story and coming up with a conclusion. We continue to practice retelling stories by making sure we hit the important parts and not retell word for word. Practice retelling at home while reading your books. In writing, we are working on using our conventions while writing.
Finishing Topic 16, adding numbers to 18, and started Topic 17, Subtracting numbers to 18
- Doubles plus 1
- Doubles plus 2
- Making ten to add two numbers
- Adding three numbers
- Using addition to help subtract
- Fact families
- Our class is running low on Clorox wipes. If you would be interested in donating you can send it with your child to school. :)
- If you have NOT turned in the purple form for track and field day please send that back.
- I am still looking for a few volunteers for our Como Zoo field trip.